Invention and The Kyuubi's Strategy

-In Konoha-

-3rd Person-

*Crash*

*Boom*

Screams filled the streets of Konoha as large snakes, presumably belonging to Orochimaru, rampaged through the village. Despite the best efforts of the present shinobi, they were failing to take down the reptilian attackers.

"We're outmatched! This is beyond our capabilities!" Ibiki exclaimed, his anxiety evident. The shinobi wondered if they would even survive this ordeal.

But then, a sudden voice boomed out:

"Summoning: Watchtower Demolishing Jutsu!" A massive cloud of smoke appeared, and when it cleared, a frog wielding two unsheathed swords stood atop one of the snakes, seemingly victorious. A strong gust of wind blew in every direction as the ninja shielded their eyes from the commotion.

All gazes were fixed upon the figure standing atop the frog, and relief and reassurance spread across their features.

"The Jutsu used is..." Ibiki's expression visibly brightened at the sight of the person.

Standing on the frog was a tall, muscular man in his adulthood, with fair skin and waist-length white hair that was tied into a ponytail, and two shoulder-length bangs framing his face.

With a broad grin, he spoke up. "Long time no see, Ibiki... My, my, has only your body grown up? I can't bear to watch!"

"...Jiraya-sama," Ibiki said.

"Did someone say the legendary Sannin, Jiraya!?" A random ninja shouted. Jiraya chuckled at his reaction before turning to the other snakes, taking a weird pose and flashing a toothy grin.

Jiraya exclaimed, "You call yourself snakes, yet you're frozen in your tracks by the glare of a frog!"

Jiraya's thoughts raced as he witnessed the scene before him. Orochimaru had finally accomplished what he had been striving for. Ibiki joined him on the frog, positioned just a few meters away from the man.

Jiraya's face grew stern as he asked Ibiki, "Where is the Sandaime?"

"He's at the test arena," Ibiki replied.

Jiraya's expression hardened further, "I see."

'Don't go dying on me, old man,' He thought to himself. Suddenly, he felt a familiar energy emanating from the forest. Although the power seemed to be under control, Jiraya knew that it could only belong to Menma.

Jiraya quickly dispatched the snakes and instructed Ibiki, "The arena is under attack. After finishing up here, gather all available personnel and head to the arena."

Ibiki questioned, "Will you not accompany us, Jiraya-sama?"

"No, I have to be elsewhere," Jiraya replied as he dispelled his summon. They landed gracefully and Ibiki shunshined away.

As the wind blew, Jiraya stood tall, his hair flowing freely in the breeze as he gazed into the distance.

He thought to himself, 'I'd better hurry. It'll take me about 10 minutes if I go at maximum speed.' before vanishing from sight.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Menma stood stationary, frustration evident in his eyes, 'So annoying... He isn't even attacking and I'm having this much trouble.' Menma thought, he and his clone standing side by side as they prepared for the second act of the fight.

Lowering their stances the two then DASHING in a wide arc, the rapidly closed in on the stranger, their arms floating idly behind their backs, equipped with 2 kunai, the clone spun on his heel ROCKETING them at the stranger who's gaze was trained on the real Menma who was also rapidly approaching. Leaning back to avoid the projectiles, the real Menma flipped into a cartwheel simultaneously catching the weapons, engaging the stranger in combat.