Interruption

Naruto POV

As we watched the match between Sasuke and Gaara, I couldn't believe my eyes. Sasuke had unleashed the Chidori, a lightning style technique that Kakashi sensei taught him, and pierced through Gaara's seemingly impenetrable defense. It was a shocking turn of events for all of us.

Gaara let out a piercing scream, yelling, "My BloOD, it'S mY BLOoD!" He then commanded his sand to crush Sasuke's arm, but thankfully Sasuke narrowly escaped as a strange and eerie arm shot out in his direction

"Did he really use that form?!" Kankurō exclaimed in a panicked tone.

"I'm not sure. He seemed injured just now, so it's a possibility," Temari responded with a worried expression.

Baki's mind raced as he thought, 'This marks the beginning of our plans.'

As Gaara's defense began to crumble, Sasuke looked shocked and startled, and that's when it all started.

Smoke slowly filled the arena, and feathers started to fall from the sky. "What's going on with these feathers?" I asked, feeling my eyes start to blur before blacking out.

Hiruzen's POV

My thoughts raced as I turned to face the Kazekage, who had now become my adversary. 'This can't be happening,' I thought to myself.

"Shall we..." the Kazekage trailed off, gazing directly into my eyes. Suddenly, two shinobi from the Sand Village appeared between us and quickly threw a smoke bomb, obscuring our vision.

Swiftly pulling out a kunai, the Kazekage captured me before leaping to the rooftop and out of the smoke. Four ninja from the Sound Village, who I presumed were working with him, also jumped up and landed at the four corners of the roof.

"Initiate it," the Kazekage commanded. Without hesitation, the four ninja crouched down and clasped their hands together, creating a barrier that spanned the entire rooftop.

"Are you truly prepared to start a war with the Leaf, Kazekage-dono?" I asked, feeling a sense of unease.

'This is troublesome,' I thought to myself.

Menma's POV

Observing the entire arena slipping into a deep slumber, I immediately recognized it as a genjutsu. I quickly clasped my hands together and said, "Release!" successfully breaking free from its grasp.

I scanned the area, watching as ANBU members leaped out from the crowd and began attacking all of the Leaf shinobi who had not been affected by the genjutsu.

"It has begun, young one," Kurama spoke to me telepathically.

"Yeah, I'm aware," I responded, looking up to the highest point of the arena. There, I saw the Hokage, Orochimaru, and four Sound ninja within a massive barrier.

'"Kurama, share some of your chakra with me," I asked.

"I may not be overly fond of assisting humans, but if it means prolonging my own life, I suppose I'll endure it," Kurama responded as he transferred a considerable amount of chakra to me.

As I began to say, "Alright, here goe-" my words were cut off abruptly by the sudden appearance of a masked man who grabbed onto my shoulder from behind.

'Shit!' I thought to myself, before being teleported out of the arena and into a dense forest on the outskirts of the village. I immediately swung my elbow at the figure, but it passed right through him as if he were a mere illusion.