Confrontation

3rd Person

Jiraya swiftly traversed through the trees in a frantic rush towards his student's location.

"He must be nearby."

Explosion!!!

"What in the world!?" he exclaimed, caught off guard by the sudden loud noise. He quickly climbed up a tree to survey the area and saw a thick plume of smoke rising up in the distance. He leapt down to a nearby branch and immediately bounded towards the source of the disturbance.

"It'll take me at least 10-15 minutes to arrive. Hang in there, Menma. I'm on my way."
.
.
.
Moving quickly Kurama (The clone) appeared next to the flight bound teen, eyes fixated on the battle grounds that was just up ahead.

"Stick to the plan brat!" Kurama shouted against the harsh winds, already positioning himself to initiate the plan.

"As long as we dont die before then!" Menma replied, hair and clothing reacting due to his current speed of motion.

A smile played on the lips of the fox, he nodded, the aura around him slightly darker than before, snapping his head back to the front ready to confront the masked man once more...

Sensing two chakra signatures approaching him at blistering speeds the masked man pondered.'The boy is back... But is that the kyuubi's chakra? This might be a bit troublesome...'

The masked man remained on the tree, looking beyond the clearing and into the ever expansive forest that surrounded him, his right eye flaring a deep scarlet as three tomoe spun around his pupil lazily.

Hearing what sounded like a whistle coming from the trees, the stranger looked upwards to see... A log?

Successfully distracting him, Menma BLASTED through the tree line, he was moving so fast he appeared to be a black blur among the greenery, he was traveling so fast MASSIVE amounts of dirt an debris were left in his wake, barreling through the leaves of the trees as they snapped from the pressure forced upon them.

Colliding with the ground with a loud *DUFF* Menma barreled through the dust and debris, never losing speed he covered half the distance between him and the stranger in a mere moments.

Menma ran through hand signs, eyes glowing an oceanic blue as his heart pounded against his chest, his body screamed in both pain and anticipation. Uttering but a single phrase, signalling the start of their plan...

"Earth style: Iwa Toge Fushido no Jutsu"

Due to Menma tunnelling underground, the force at which he did so caused a mass uproot of boulders and metric tons of rocks and debris, seeing that he covered half the distance between him and the masked man in such a small time frame, the true damage of the attack he did had finally began to show, uprooting rock that went as high as 80 meters, all heading to the stranger. (A/n: Keep in mind that this all took place in less than 2 seconds)

As if god himself willed the boulders, their surfaces morphed into spikes 8 inches in height and a width of 10 inches all headed to a single target.

Without a shred of hesitation the masked man dropped himself to the ground his footwear cementing itself deep into the soil.

His eyes glowed deep crimson and darted around at astonishing speeds, he then dodged the spikes as they came at him, one coming close to impaling him, barely managing to dodge, more spikes came at the man, shifting his body out of the way his cloak ended up getting ripped by some of the spikes.

Glancing back at the now distant spikes the tree he previously stood on as well as others for the next 100meters were impaled then looking back to his damaged clothing a small smile forming on the corner his lips.