40

quick a/n - i'm back!!! ive been doing my alevels which is why i've been gone for so many months, but they're finished now! So i hope to be updating (won't be regularly) thank you for your patience & support <3 Also this is a short chap! sorry <3

—————

After getting to the police station and giving Shoupe the tape, you guys head back to the chateau in celebration of Ward's soon arrest.

While beers were passed around and morale was high, you noticed Sarah sitting on the porch with Kie. You felt bad for celebrating, but in fairness the guy who murdered your father was about to go to jail.... it was worth the celebration.. you kept convincing yourself.

"To finally catching the bastard!" JJ cheers, making Pope and JB cheer in return, the three of them clinking their drinks. You notice JJ glance towards you but before he can ask any questions laced with concern, you stand up. You place your hand on his shoulder, "I'm fine." You say with a small smile, heading towards where Sarah and Kie sat out on the porch.

"Hey.." You slowly greet, both girls turning to you with a smile. "Sorry about.. you know, the arrest." You say, but you were half lying of course. Why would you be sorry about your fathers murderer being found? Why would you not feel like celebrating? Fuck... you were indifferent to the situation.

"You don't have—" Sarah starts looking down, she knew you were pitying her..

"Dad's aren't always who we want them to be." You smile quickly walking out into the garden. Kie and Sarah share a concerned glance as they watched you leave. They watched their close friend as you sat on the porch stairs head in your hands.

The breeze calmed you slightly, but you were quickly startled by a hand lightly touching your shoulder. You flinched as you pull your head up to be met with the familiar worried blue eyes of your favourite blonde.

You sigh relaxing again as JJ sat beside you. He places his hand on your knee, "What's up?" He asks so casually with a titled smile, as if he wasn't sitting next to a psychopath who didn't care about their dead father. Yikes.

You shake your head, sighing slightly, "I.. it's just me and JB remember our dad differently. Seriously, John B was more like a dad to me than him." You admit, JJ doesn't say anything letting you continue, "We were never close." You shrug

"So... i just don't really feel like celebrating something i'm... indifferent to." You say trying to word your feelings correctly. JJ nods, squeezing your knee, "Dads..." JJ scoffs, you nod.

"I think i feel guilty too, for Sarah." You add, "She has to put up with a shitty dad like the rest of us." You say resting your head against JJ's shoulder, "Apart from Pope." You chuckle, JJ chuckles too, "Ain't that right." he says.

"JJ?" You ask turning to look at him, "hmm?" He answers his expression pure as watches you with love sick eyes. "Thanks for listening." You smile, pulling him into a soft kiss as your hand rest on his cheek. He happily kisses you back— the kiss tasting of the beer he had just been drinking.

"Come on love birds we gotta go." Kie says walking down the porch stairs past the two of you, making both of you look at her confused. "Going where?" JJ asks. "What are we doing?" You ask standing up.

John B, Pope and Sarah follow Kie out, "Tannyhill." JB answers playing with the twinkie keys. "Why exactly?" JJ asks. "Get in the van!" JB ushers everyone, ignore the questions of the group.

JB drives quickly in the direction of Tannyhill, you could only guess that both him and Sarah wanted to be there to see the arrest— Sarah more likely wanting to support her sister, Wheezy.

After a manic car ride, you guys arrive at Tannyhill where there was a couple of police cars and lots of officers around the house. You guys jump out of the Twinkie crouching behind the wall. "I cant see-" You hear JJ grumble. "I'm going over." JB says as you guys watch the officers and Shoupe head towards the piers.

Sarah runs over to where Wheezie and Rose stood, hugging her younger sister, telling her to stay inside. You guys head to the pier, JB and Sarah leading, seeing Ward on his boat with the officers surrounding the pier.

"Dad!" Sarah shouts as you get closer to the end of the pier. After Shoupe and Ward shouting back and forth, you guys end up with a clear view of Ward. He starts to bring up the anchor, making Sarah shout out, "Please don't leave!" She says tears in her eyes.

Suddenly, the ship sets alight, making you all gasp and move back, JJ instinctively pulling you behind him. The ship continues to explode, leaving a massive black smog above it. Sarah gasps trying to catch her breath as she cries, knowing there was no way he could've survived that if he was on the boat.

Sarah starts to sob as she screams for her dad. "No!" She continues to shout. You notice she looks to John B, but he doesn't spare her a glance. You decide to walk over to Sarah, knowing she needs support in this moment... John B should know that too. You give your brother a glare before wrapping your arm around Sarah's shoulder's.

She grabs onto you as she starts to fall to her knees. You slowly help her down as you gently 'shhh' her as she violently sobs. Kie joins the two of you, wrapping her arms around you both.

You see John B looks towards the three of you— you look back up towards your brother, shaking your head in disbelief at him. Yes ward killed your father. But his girlfriend, no, his wife, had just lost her father too like he had.

Once Sarah had somewhat calmed down, you and Kie helped her back to Rose and Wheezie, where you explained what happened. You and Kie watched as the three girls sobbed and hugged each other for comfort.

You and Kie excused yourself, not before each giving Sarah a big hug, letting the family grieve. You and Kie make your way towards the Twinkie where the guys stood around. John B had a scowl on his face as Pope and JJ stood awkwardly.

"Give me the keys." You sternly told JB. He grumbles something before chucking them at you, "Really mature JB." You scoff.

John B gets into the passenger seat, the others sitting in the back. "What the fuck was that?" You turn to him as he closes his car door. He shrugs his shoulders. "You gonna act like nothing happened?" You ask.

Kie, Pope and JJ awkwardly sit in the back, "We can wait—" JJ starts, "no." You cut him off, turning the keys and starting the Twinkie up.

"John B you of all people should know how it feels to lose a close father. We didn't you support your girlfriend." You angrily say. "I didn't know what to say." He casually says.

"You didn't know what to say?!" You shout, "You don't have to say shit. Just fucking comfort her, jesus." You scold

"Stop scolding me like your mum!" He shouts back, "Then stop acting like you need mothering!" You rebuttal.

"Oooo." You hear JJ coo, "Not the time." You hear Pope whisper to him.

"You're an asshole JB." You state, "I hope she dumps your sorry ass."

"she probably will after that.." JJ adds. "JJ!" Both Pope and Kie scold. "what?" He asks genuinely, "It's true.." he whispers, making John B roll his eyes.

The rest of the car journey back to the chateau is silent.