20

"You talk of the pain like it's all alright"

—————

Youre woken up when you feel the bed dip next to you. Your eyes hazily open to see JJ's figure sit up in your bed.

You move closer to his frame, kissing his back lightly. He hums in response, "Mornin'" You greet. He smiles turning to look down at you, "Morning." He says lacing his fingers through your hair.

"How you feeling?" You ask him with a sheepish smile, he silently sighs, "Hungover.." He trials with a a smirk. "Prosecco and you aren't a good mix, baby." You lightly smile trailing patterns on his back, making him shiver.

"So did you get drunk before or after you brought the hot tub?" You ask, JJ thinks for a moment, "Both." He says as he fingers lightly pull at your hair.

You watch JJ closely, "JJ last night—" You start but he chuckles, "I'm fine.." he tells you, but notices your sceptical look. "I promise-" He says chuckling, but stops as he takes a deep breath, looking off to the side.

"I.. I don't deserve anything—" He starts but you worriedly sit up, "JJ, that's not true." You sadly say. "I don't deserve your love.. I'm broken. You deserve someone better." He sadly says.

"No, no.. don't say that J. You deserve love." You say holding his face in your hands, "You're not broken, baby. I promise." You tell him. His eyes were glossy as he finally looks into your eyes. His gaze softens after seeing your expression.

Relief washes over JJ, "I only want you JJ." You tell him, "Everything about you is perfect. You deserve love." You smile kissing him sweetly.

You leave small kisses across his face making him wholeheartedly smile and laugh. "You're so soppy, i love it." He says making you chuckle.

There's a moment of silence between the two of you as JJ watches you, you laugh slightly under his gaze, "You're more beautiful in the mornings." He states

"No chance— not with my bird nest hair." You say, fingers lightly scratching his back.

"Oh yeah— i can see a lil baby bird right there." He says pushing your hair around. You chuckle as he does so— pushing him away lightly.

Your laugh erupts butterflies within JJ's stomach making him stop to smile tenderly at you. You furrow your eyebrows as you watch him, "What?" You ask with a nervous chuckle.

"I meant it." He vaguely states. Which makes you more confused then before. "I'm so in love with you." He says his fingers moving from your hair to your cheek. His thumb tenderly strokes it.