38

"She's off limits

"She's off limits."
—————

It was around 10:20 when you and JJ had changed into the uniforms in the back of the ambulance. You had parked close to the hospital. The sound of a siren makes you check the wing mirror.

"Shit. JJ." You say nudging him, making him look out the window as well, to see the cop car pull up beside the ambulance. JJ curses, sighing as he tries to act calm and unsuspecting.

JJ continues small talk with the officers, before the radio buzzes alerting the two of you, "We got an unknown at KC detention." JJ grabs the radio, "Uh, yeah, ten-four. I'll be right there. Thank you so much. Over."

"Duty call. i'll see you later, officer. Uh, you have a good night, though, okay?" JJ says starting the ambulance, "Hold up." The cop says making you and JJ's hearts stop momentarily. "I got nothing to do, i'll pace you." He says, turning his siren on and heading in front of you two.

"Shit." JJ curses, "We're totally screwed." You say, "Hey— just stay calm." He ushers. "There's a literal cop involved JJ. We're going to jail. Screw getting John B out, We'll be joinin' him." You sigh. "Maybe." JJ simply says, not helping your anxiety

You get to the detention centre, JJ backing the ambulance into the transfer bay. JJ heads out to get the patient in the back of the van. Expecting John B, but finds a random man instead.

"Where's your partner?" You hear the woman ask, "Right here." You say getting out of the ambulance, "But i can't drive either. Gotta support my colleague." You say. JJ nods, "Yes he's in critical condition.. so i need some assistance."

JJ throws the keys towards the other guard, making him drive while the two of you get into the back. You send JJ a widen eyed look, him waving his hands about. Both of you clearly freaked out by the situation and having this random guy in the ambulance.

You hear the radio go, them talking about a situation. You look over at JJ and you both wear a nervous expression. "Officer? Everything okay?" JJ asks but he ignores him shutting the window in between you guys and him.

"Shit." You curse, clearly being found out about. JJ grabs his phone texting Kie the street you guys were on, hoping she'd save you guys from jail.

The ambulance suddenly comes to an abrupt stop, making you and JJ lose balance. You feel JJ grab your wrist, pulling you out of the ambulance as he hears Kie's voice.

You run behind JJ as you cut though some of the houses. "Come on." You hear Pope shout, you point towards the car, JJ following you. "Go! Go! Go!" JJ shouts as he shuts the door behind the two of you.