24

"The monster gone, he's on the run and your brothers here

"The monster gone, he's on the run and your brothers here."

—————

You stop JJ's bike as you see Kie and Pope, grabbing some fuel for the boat from Heyward. The two of you head over to where they were.

Kie places her arm over her eyes as she sees the two of you in the distance, "Did you get the keys?" She asks, worried as to why the two of you where here.

"Yeah— just ran into some trouble." JJ says getting off his bike. "Trouble?" Kie asks, pressing for an explanation, "Yeah if trouble started with, Rafe and ended in Cameron." You sigh. Kie and Pope look between the two of you, "What happened?" Pope asks.

"Are you two okay?" She asks, you both nod. "Yeah— Y/n nearly ran them over and they ran away." JJ chuckles. Kie's mouth forms a small 'o' as she gasps, "Damn Y/n." She smiles, impressed. She holds her hand out for the pogue hand shake, which you happily do.

"So we gotta get this fuel to the Phantom then get it to the dock before 3 o'clock for John B." Pope says as Pope and Kie load the fuel into her dad's car.

"Alright— meet you guys at the garage." JJ says, then nodding as the two groups head towards where the Phantom was.

After filling up the boat with fuel, you get it to the dock with the boat, where you guys were gonna meet John B at 3. You sit on the dock, waiting for your brother to show up. Kie, Pope and JJ start around— Stressed about his whereabouts.

"Dude, where is he?" Kie asks annoyed. "Give him a second. He'll be here." Pope says. The sound of sirens blaring increases making you and the others turn to see a cop car approach you guys.

"Get back on the boat. Untie it." JJ instructs Pope. "Shit." Kie says. "Wait." JJ says, noticing John B open the door.

"No f'ing way." Pope says as John B walks up to you guys. "Uh..." You say watching him. "Shoupe let me take it for a spin." John B says.

"Okay. That's believable. I'll buy that for now." Kie says hugging John B.

"It's wasn't easy, bro, but i got the Phantom for ya," JJ says. John B walks over to you, hugging you quickly. "And she runs like she was made yesterday." JJ continues. JJ chucks the keys towards him, John B catching them.

"Where's sarah?" John B asks. "She's not with you?" Kie asks. John B shakes his head, "No, we got separated in the swamp. She said she was gonna meet me here."

"We haven't seen her, JB." You tell him, "Okay, well, i'm not leaving without her."

"John B, look at me." JJ says, "I know you feel bad for leaving, but there's no time, man. You've got plenty of gas, plenty of food. Once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across to Dismal Swamp, okay? Once you get there, lay low, all right?" JB nods.