2

"Babysitting was not on the list for summer break

"Babysitting was not on the list for summer break."

—————

JB steers the boat towards to dock near the château, you and Kie tying it to the support handles, "So what's the plan JB?" Kie asks as she finishes tying the rope.

"We've got to let the coastguard know." He states, "And hopefully we get some sort of finders fee.."

"Really? You think they'll give a finders fee to some kids? Even worse, we're pogues. There's no way they'll give up us shit." You say

"Yeah we'll be lucky if they even give us the time of day." JJ agrees.

"We have to at least try." Kie says, "It'll pollute the marsh if we don't."

"Well, we'll clean up then get going." JB says as the rest of you follow his lead back to the château.

As your walking JJ runs up to you and Kie, "What are you planning?" You ask as you eye your best friend, laughing at his smug-ish look.

"What? Me, no. No I'm not planning anything." He says, unconvincingly, smiling at the two of you, making him more suspicious.

He suddenly starts shaking his, wet, hair making some of the water splash you and Kie, "JJ!" Kie shouts trying to get away from him.

"JJ, stop acting like a dog!" You say laughing as he eventually stops, you arch your eyebrow at him as he looks up.

"What? JB said to dry off." He says shrugging.

Kie groans in disgust at her friend as she walks behind the two of you into the house, Pope following shortly behind not wanting to get in the cross fire.

"Try using a towel, smart ass." You say chucking a towel his way, which he catches, drying his hair.

"Who wants to shower first?" John B asks, "Me, I've still got beer in my hair thanks to JJ." Kie says walking past John B into the bathroom.

You, Pope and JJ noticing a small look between the two of them as she walks past him. The three of you watching as John B turns back to you, looking smitten.

You smirk as you share a glance with the boys, "What?" John B asks, laughing nervously.

"Nothing." All three of you say, making John B sigh as he walks past you guys to get changed.

Once Kie was showered, and you and the boys had changed, you headed towards the coastguards post.

As you get there, there's loads of people crowded around wanting to report or question something, evident due to the damage done by Agatha.