:Chapter One:

A small smile crept unto my face once my eyes landed on the tall building in front of me. My ruby-colored eyes twinkle in glee while my hands clutched the strap of my bag. As I moved my foot forward, I felt my phone vibrate inside my skirt's pocket. A question mark popped out of my head as I tugged my hand inside my pocket to get my vibrating phone.

I flipped my phone open and pushed the answer button. "Hello?" I spoke with a soft voice as I waited for the caller to answer back.

"Took you long enough to answer my call." I could sense the caller roll her eyes to the right as she spoke in a bored tone. A little giggle escaped my lips when I finally recognized the person I'm speaking to right now. I heard a sigh at the other side. "Where are you?" she asked.

Another giggle escaped my lips as I answered her question. "I'm already here at the school's entrance. Come pick me up?" Suddenly, a heard a beep. I heaved out a sigh and closed my phone and put it back to where I got it earlier. Typical Ai-chan.

I pinched the bridge of my nose like my head hurts and heaved out another sigh as I moved my foot forward. Until I felt someone's presence just beside me. I flinched when the person beside me held my shoulder to get my attention. I moved away because of the sudden contact.

"What are you doing?" A familiar voice said as I turned my head to look at the person beside me. My ruby-colored orbs made contact with her coal ones. A happy smile immediately formed on my face as I ran towards her and about give her a big hug when she shoved my face away using her right hand.

Imaginary tears streamed out of my eyes as I whined at her. "Why so cold, Ai-chan?"

Her thin-pinkish lips formed into a scowl as she playfully glared at me. "Could you please stop calling me 'Ai-chan'?"

"But your name is 'Ai-chan'." I replied, following right behind her when she started to walk towards the school building.

Another scowl appeared on her face while she adjusted her glasses. She looked at me and acted disgusted because of my reply. "Please don't act like Nagisa from that anime 'Free!'"

"But you are Ai-chan." I pouted as I followed behind her. "My dearest Ai-chan!" I cheered as I raised my hands into the air.

"Jeez~" Ai-chan face-palmed at my childishness and kept on walking inside. We changed our leather shoes into our indoor ones and I followed right behind my elementary best friend.

She led me through the crowded hallways and into the faculty room to get my class. A male teacher handed me a piece of paper and welcomed me. I returned his warm welcome with a smile as a thank you for his hospitality. I slid the door open, revealing an impatient Ai-chan.

She dropped her crossed hand into her sides and walked towards me with curiosity, her black-rimmed glasses gleamed with the light. "So," she started, "what class are you in?"

I looked at the piece of paper that I was holding a while ago and read it. There was a number and a letter conjoint by a hyphen. Then below it was the name of my homeroom teacher. I read it out loud so Ai-chan can hear. "1-A." I said with a low voice.

Suddenly, Ai-chan's eyes gleamed then turned her head to the other side while her cheeks turned a shade of pink. I tried to look at her straight in the eyes and ask her what's wrong when she spoke up. "You're in my class." She said in an irritated tone, but through her words, I can sense happiness in her tone.

The sides of my lips were tugged into a slight smile because of how she acted while my eyes shone like stars at what I just heard. My elementary best friend is my classmate. "Alright!" I cheered in glee as I hugged her really tight. "Ai-chan's my classmate again!"