Schooled

Schooled

Mount Justice

Kaldur and Wally were playing air hockey on the holographic computer surrounded by the others. Wally just scored and it was game over for Aqualad.

Zeta tube: recognized, Superboy, B-04.

Superboy walked out of the tube with clear anger displayed on his face. Miss Martian Smiled.

Miss Martian: Hi Superboy, how was Metropolis?

SuperBoy just stormed past them without a word.

Black Canary: (throat clear) Ready for training everyone?

The five turned around spotting Black Canary walking into the room with Martian Manhunter.

Miss Martian: Black Canary! Uncle J'onn!

The Martian walked up to greet her uncle with a tight hug.

Martian manhunter: M'gann, I was in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd see how you were adjusting.

Miss Martian: a few bumps, but I'm learning

Superboy began to walk away but was stopped by Black Canary.

Black Canary: stick around, class is in session.

He bitterly stopped and stayed as Canary walked to the middle of the giant circle. It began to glow blue below her feet.

Black Canary: I consider it an honor to be your teacher. I'll throw a lot at you. Just ask Patrick.

Patrick: She's not lying.

She took off her jacket, leaving her in a topless corset. But to Patrick's worry she had a bandage on her arm. She winced slightly in pain.

Patrick: What happened?

Black Canary: the job. Now combat is about controlling conflict. Putting the fight on your terms. You should always be acting and never reacting. I'll need a sparring partner.

Kid Flash: Right here! Yeah!

Kid strode to the middle of the circle and threw his banana peel in the trash.

Kid Flash: after this... I'll show you my moves

Patrick: oh, he is soo dead

Canary smirked and threw a punch, one that Kid blocked but she followed it up with a leg sweep knocking him to the ground this shocked everyone besides Patrick and Robin who both just slightly chuckled.

Kid Flash: ohh. Hurts so good...

Black Canary: (she offered Kid a hand to stand up) great block, but did anyone see what he did wrong?

Robin: oh! He hit on teacher and got served

Kid Flash: Dude!