Usual Suspects

Usual Suspect

THE WATCHTOWER

NOVEMBER 25TH

Aquaman, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman strode to the meeting room where the rest of the League was standing.

Aquaman: our agenda is clear, what's at stake should not be underestimated.

Superman: the decisions we make todays will reverberate for years to come.

Wonder Woman: and influence whether or not the world continues to put their trust in the Justice League.

Batman: please take your seats. We have work to do.

The League took their seats.

Martian Manhunter: another expansion of the League could generate another era of hostility from our enemies. No one wants another Injustice League.

Superman: point taken, but the option to vote no on all candidates still remain. So, I nom icon for League membership.

Green Arrow: why? Cause you suspect Icon may be kryptonian like you did with Captain Marvel?

Captain Marvel: you though I was Kryptonian? Cool!

Wonder Woman: Icon interests me also.

TIMESKIP

Flash: we could use some more raw power. And earth has a third green Lantern, Guy Gardener.

Both Lanterns: NO!

Flash: But—

Lanterns: NO!

TIMESKIP

Green Arrow: if we're considering Blue Devil then I nom Red Arrow. Roy's no kid anymore, he's 18.

Dr Fate: if I may, I would also like to nominate Lightning Rod. He—

Black Canary: Absolutely not!

Green Arrow: whoa Dinah. Cal—

Black Canary: No! Patrick isn't ready for the League, not happening.

Batman: with all due respect, I disagree, Patrick has shown great signs of leadership, compassion. He is ready.

Captain Marvel: agreed.

Hawkgirl: I think it's a good idea.

Black Canary: Patrick. Isn't. Joining. The League.

Superman: you always said that you always wanted him on the League. What changed?

Dr Fate: the prophecy of Lightning Rod is coming to pass

Flash: the what now?