Bereft

Bereft

BIAYLA

SEPTEMBER 4TH

Patrick woke in a small shack. With a massive headache. One problem. He had no idea how he got here.

Patrick: What the heck.

Patrick checked his watch when he noticed he was wearing grey and yellow. Not his usual black jacket.

Patrick: definitely not what I was wearing yesterday.

He viewed his surroundings when he saw an unconscious girl with long blond hair and a suit that resembled Green Arrow. The strange thing was he swore he had seen her before.

She began to stir as Patrick kneeled over her. Her eyes fluttered open as she looked around. She noticed Patrick and yelped, jumping back grabbing a bow right next to her.

Patrick: hey, it's ok. It's ok. I won't hurt you. I'm one of the good guys. You know. Lightning Rod.

Artemis: seen Lightning Rod on the news, he wears black.

Patrick: (he looked at his new suit) I'm sort of still figuring that out myself. But I think this is an upgrade from what I had to be honest. What about you? Did Arrow take up a protégé without telling me?

Artemis: (she looked down at her suit) who put me in this?!

Patrick: ok. I am now very confused. Can you use that bow?

Artemis: yeah, my dad taught me. Dad! This must be another one of his stupid tests!

Patrick: what test?

Artemis: he probably wants me to kill you.

Lightning Rod: huh?

Suddenly there was some sorta screeching in the air that got louder and louder, Patrick grabbed her arm and ran them out of the hut before a missile blew it to ash knocking the two forward.

Once they got up, they looked behind them to see two tanks on a hill. Patrick noticed they were in a desert but couldn't notice anymore as a jeep with a automatic turret on the top began to rain down machine fire. Patrick and Artemis ran down into a canyon as the Jeep kept raining bullets. Artemis rolled forward and spun around shooting it with an explosive arrow. She crouched behind a rock shooting the tanks that were approaching. Patrick grabbed her and jumped on the cliff carrying her bridal style.

Artemis: thanks.

Patrick: see, I told you, good guy. Now uhh, what's your name. Oh and what's this about you killing me?

20 MINUTES LATER

Patrick kept jumping until he spotted a black and red blur below him. He landed in front of it, and it stopped revealing Patrick's friend Wally West carrying a girl in a bright red leotard.

Patrick: hey West!

Wally: LR! Man it's good to see you!