Two Years Later

Two Years Later

CENTRAL CITY

JANUARY 11th

Wally: (on comms) you almost done? you're going to miss your meeting with Dinah before they go into space.

Donna: Did she give me a location?

Wally: yup.

Donna zapped the last thug with lightning. She snapped her fingers and was gone.

Unknown to her, a figure in glowing silver armor was watching her, waiting. For he had waited two years for this moment.

STAR CITY LOCAL BAR

Donna: so how has the program gone?

Dinah: great. Just a little bit annoying when the kids get out of hand. There's one that looks just like Patrick when we first found him.

Donna: What's his name?

Dinah: Mike. But we're not here to catch up. We're here to remember someone (she raised her bottle) to Patrick Lance. Two years since he died. And now his sister is doing a amazing job with his bolt.

Donna: well, it's all because of you. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't take Patrick in. Or me.

Dinah: well, he still would have been a hero.

Donna: you made him a better one.

Dinah: he made us better heroes too. (She put her tab out and got up) well we should head back to the Watchtower.

Donna: one more thing.

Dinah: Yes?

Donna: do you think I'm doing enough with my powers? With Patrick's mantle?

Dinah took a deep breath.

Dinah: are you inspiring people? Are you watching over the world like a... guardian angel? Are you attracting hope, like a lightning rod?

Donna smiled and nodded.

Dinah: Patrick chose you to continue his legacy. You are the Lightning Rod now. Don't ever forget that.

WATCHTOWER

Batman: as you all know the Justice League is gonna be off world for about a year or two.

Wonder Woman: we trust you all to guard the planet while we are gone.

Superman: you are the Justice League now. Any questions?

Donna: who is going to lead us?

Wonder Woman smiled

Wonder Woman: Lightning Rod and Aqualad will lead you while we are gone.

Donna was shell shock while Wonder Woman looked at her proudly.