Prologue

Prologue

Third Person POV

Star city

August 20th 2008

Green Arrow and Black Canary were sitting on the roof tops of Star city. Batman had detected something unusual and wanted them to find out what it was. The two heroes looked tired and were about to leave when suddenly Arrow heard something.

"Did you hear that?" he whispered to Canary who nodded her head "it came from the alley below us" she whispered back. The two heroes jumped into the alley to be met with a box against the wall upside down. There was the sound of crying coming from the box.

Black Canary walked slowly towards it concerned about scaring off whoever was in the box. She lifted the box up only to be met with a boy who looked about 13 years old. The boy stumbled back, cowering in fear. "Stay back!" He yelled. Canary put her hands in front of her "hey, its ok, I'm not gonna hurt you" she assured in a attempt to calm him down. The boys eyes only widened but he was focused on the man behind her. She turned around "Arrow drop the bow" she ordered, he slowly put the bow down.

She continued approaching the boy. "What's your name?" She asked, the boy looked down in fear "pro-project thunder" he answered shuddering, Canary raised a eyebrow in confusion "uhm ok" she replied unsure "where are your parents?" The boy looked up "I have none" he replied fear still in his voice "ok" she said "what do you remember?" The boy shuddered "waking up in a lab three days ago and never leaving this place" he explained slowly "ok, look kid we will help you, come with us, no one will hurt you, I promise" she said in a soothing tone. The boys face soften. "Ok sure" he said tiredly. She smiled putting a hand out. He looked at it then at her again and took it. The three walked towards the nearest Zeta Tube.

5 hours later

Dinah POV

5 hours after I took that boy here and they are still running test. So far nothing. Kid definitely has spirit and wont let anyone near except me and Oliver. He's kind spirited and has recently developed a obsession with cookies. Batman walked in the room I was in. "Well we discovered he has meta powers in his blood sample" he explained, I raised a eyebrow "how did you get him to give you one?" I asked, he didn't say anything as he walked to the computer.

He typed some random stuff in then turned "Flash took it" he told me, I nodded but scowled slightly "can I see him?" I asked, Batman nodded "listen Canary I already talked to Arrow about this but I was wondering if you would be able to take care of the boy." He explained "he trusts you and I know you've grown attached to him" my eyes went wide but the idea was great.

Yes I have grown attached to him, the kid was just too pure whenever me and Ollie were around "sure!" I answered as we started to walked to the room where he was. When we reached the room we saw him sitting on a bed, Oliver already standing in front of him. He was smiling when he saw me "wanna see what I can do?" He asked excitedly, I smiled "sure thing" I replied, he put out his palm and suddenly yellow lightning bolts radiated off his hand. He laughed at it "cool right?" He said, I smiled "so kid I was thinking, would you like to come to mine and Oliver's house? Maybe after some training you can be my protégé?" I asked, his eyes went wide "yes off course!" he answered excited "I always wanted a family!" I smiled. "Well then lets start training"

Ollie put his hand up "question, what are we going to call you cause let's be honest, project thunder ain't gonna stick" he questioned. I raised an eyebrow, he was right we can't just name this kid project thunder. Luckily the boy spoke up "Well I like the name Patrick" the boy said smiling. I smiled back "well then Patrick let's start your training"