The Truth

The Truth

STAR CITY

APRIL 9TH

Patrick opened the door to see Cassandra Sandsmark smiling at him.

Patrick: uhm, hey Cassie. Something wrong?

Cassandra: oh, uhm nothing. I just wanted to see how you were holding up.

Patrick: well, I appreciate the thought. But I'm fine. You know we're siblings, right?

Cassandra: Yes, but that's why I'm here. I want to get to know my older brother. And I never bothered. Can we hang out?

Patrick: come in.

Cassandra: yes!

Cassandra ran in and sat on the couch.

Patrick: try not to break anything.

Cassandra: right, sorry!

She looked at a cane on the coat rack.

Cassandra: that's our father's bolt, right?

Patrick: yeah, the one and only master bolt.

Cassandra: one of the most powerful weapons in the galaxy. So I need to ask, you can control the weather.

Patrick: yeah, but it's not exactly free. It hurts. I can feel my lif slipping away every time I do it.

Cassandra: oh, well, forget I asked.

Atlantic Ocean

Tigress: how did it all go wrong so fast. I'd say I have no one to blame but myself, but it's getting hard to remember who myselfis (she got up and stood in front of a mirror, and saw Artemis)

Artemis: thanks to the Glamor charm. The whole world thinks I'm Tigress. Including the love of my life. I'm one of the few people the charm doesn't affect. And when I look in the mirror, it's the only reminder I have left that I'm still Artemis. What was I thinking. Me and Patrick had a good thing together. We were on vacation. We could've had a good time together. Now I'm not sure if he'll ever forgive me. And I wouldn't blame him if he didn't. I should've told him. I shouldn't have just blindly trusted Nightwing.

Artemis punched the mirror shattering it.

STAR CITY

Cassandra: oh come on!

Patrick: no! I'm not doing it.

Cassandra: but I want to hear you sing.

Patrick: nope.

Cassandra: hey, you wanted to talk about your first date with Artemis. How was I supposed to know you can sing.

Before Patrick could answer he heard La'gann on the comms.

Lagoon Boy: Lagoon Boy to team, we're under attack by the Chicago Zeta Tube. Requesting Backup

Patrick: copy, on my way. Sorry Cass, have to go.

And them he disappeared in a flash on yellow lightning

CHICAGO

Patrick arrived at the shipyard to see flames next to La'gann. He picked the boy up and flew him to the nearest med bay.

STAR CITY

Patrick and Conner were holding down the boy who was trying to get up.

La'gann: let go of me! I've got to save M'gann.

Nightwing: La'gann calm down. There's nothing you can do for her in this condition.

La'gann: then what about him! (He turned to Conner) I know you dumped her, but do you really hate her that much?

Conner: you have no idea what I feel for her!

La'gann: you're right. Cause I would never abandon her for Kaldur and his flunkies! Because that's who took her! Aqua traitor's personal ninja pal, Tigress!

Nightwing: enough! I'm not supposed to tell you, or anyone. But Aqualad is not a traitor.

This news shocked everyone, especially Patrick, who was piecing it together.

La'gann: what are you talking about? He killed Artemis!

Nightwing: no, he didn't. Aqualad has been on a deep cover mission for months, infiltrating Black Manta's troops. The Light. And the Reach. (He looked at Patrick) we faked Artemis's death. She's alive.

Patrick's hazel eyes dawned a yellow color.

Nightwing: in fact, Artemis is Tigress. If she-

He never finished his sentence cause Patrick held him in a choke hold. Conner tried and failed to get the Olympian of Nightwing.

Patrick: so, you're telling me, I went on a rampage, almost killed hundreds off criminals, because you faked my girlfriend's death, and decided, let's not the god, that's a good idea. I ALMOST KILLED HER! I STABBED TIGRESS THROUGH TTHE STOMACH. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU DID?!

Conner: Patrick!

Patrick let the bird fall to his knees. He walked out.

Patrick: do. Not. Come looking for me.

He snapped his fingers and was gone in a flash of yellow light, destroying the roof.

STAR CITY

Patrick sat on the rooftop of Star City, staring out into the scenery.

His mind kept playing the moent where he stabbed Artemis

PAtrick: how could I-

Patrick dropped to his knees and started crying.

Only this time. He had no one.

Then he heard the last voice he expected to hear.

Cheshire: Lightning Rod. We need your help.