Misplaced

Misplaced

STAR CITY/OLIVER QUEEN HOME

NOVEMBER 2ND

Dinah sat on the couch with her face in her hands. Cronus's warning repeatedly moved through her body. For the first time in a while, she was terrified. She knew she couldn't tell anyone. She also knew that if he wanted to Thor could absolutely kill Patrick. Her thoughts were cut short by a voice.

Patrick: hey, so I was thinking we could go on patrol with Ollie and Artemis today before we headed to the cave. What do you think?

Dinah: uhm, yeah, sure that sounds great.

Patrick: (he noticed her nervous body language) are you okay?

Dinah: yeah. I'm fine

Patrick: Dinah—

Dinah: Patrick I'm fine!

Patrick was surprised by her behavior, but it only confirmed to him that she was hiding something. He decided against pushing it more as the two took a zeta tube to the middle of the city. They met Green Arrow and Artemis at the top of a nearby building. Artemis and Lightning Rod embraced

Lightning Rod: how have things been.

Artemis: amazing.

Green Arrow: let's make this patrol quick. You three need to get to the mountain later.

Black Canary: yeah, yeah, we'll be there.

The group heard gunshots coming from a bank below them.

Lightning Rod: I missed this.

He just sat on the roof of the bank quietly while Artemis followed right behind him.

Artemis: you're anxious.

Lightning Rod: How can I not be around you beautiful?

Artemis: ha ha (the two entered through a vent) but seriously what's wrong.

Before Lightning Rod could answer Green Arrow spoke over the comms

Green Arrow: kids, we got 8 hostages, four robbers in total.

Black Canary: (on comms) they're split, two controlling the crowd, two more going for the vault.

Lightning Rod: aren't you going to chime in.

Green Arrow: if you need help, we're ready.

Artemis: ok, we'll talk about what's bothering you later. For now, do you have a pla-

Suddenly lightning struck the inside of the bank.

Artemis: you struck them with lightning.

Lightning Rod: I struck them with lightning.

The two went to the roof laughing. When they reached it Patrick and Artemis both took their masks off. Artemis grabbed Patrick's neck and began to kiss him. The demigod was shocked at first but quickly fell into it. The two kissed, both of their blond hair being lit up by the moonlight. They broke apart panting. They rest their heads against their foreheads. Artemis smiled.