Chapter 48

The asphalt smells earthy from the April rain showers you've luckily avoided just in the right time. By the time you've walked out of the donut shop, the very short rain that came in quick bursts has stopped and you've had a good chance to get into your car without your clothes getting wet.

During the day, Jungkook has messaged you Jimin and Taehyung will be joining you tonight – just a casual movie night – so you've decided to buy donuts for all of you. Luckily, you ended your work just in time and surprisingly, you aren't as tired as you usually are after working and you kind of can't wait to hang out with your other two friends.

When you come home, they're already there playing a video game and that's when you can hear the shouting as soon as you open the front door. Jungkook and Taehyung are the ones who barely spare you a glance as you join them in the living room, still wanting to change to more comfortable clothes but at least they quickly greet you before the shouting continues.

Jimin who's standing beside the end of the couch, a bowl of snacks in his hands as he chuckles at your grimace you make once you hear the loud noises coming from those two. He has been watching the game, enjoying the extra curses they spill out so effortlessly while you stand there shaking your head at them.

You and Jimin greet each other, immediately going for a hug as you can't help but notice Jimin's visible muscles and toned chest thanks to the thin and tight long sleeve shirt he's wearing.

"Wow, Jimin," you gasp, grinning as you look at him, finding him giving you a grin as if he already knew what you're about to say. Well, it's not that hard considering your eyes are on his chest as your hands squeeze his biceps. "Have you been working out? Look at you!"

"Oh, shut up," Jimin chuckles as he sees your eyes sparkle with teasing, your hands letting him go. "Yeah, I've been joining Jungkook for a few sessions."

You knew Jungkook was hanging out with Jimin, among his other friends during different days like Namjoon today, but he didn't mention them hanging out at the gym. But knowing Jungkook, it does make sense.

"And how has that been?" you ask, laughing when Jimin dramatically rolls his eyes and sighs.

That catches Jungkook's attention and you notice their game round ended, as he gives Jimin a pointed look which makes you snort. However, it's very short-lived because your expression freezes as you finally notice the change on Jungkook you've failed to notice at first.

Your mouth opens, eyes glued to Jungkook who glances at you and notices your more than clear shock which makes him grin. His raven black hair is gone, trimmed to a short cut with a fresh undercut that shows his side profile perfectly, along with his sharp jawline.

Jimin doesn't notice your current state, continuing with your conversation with a whiny tone.

"He's crazy, he wants to kill me," Jimin complains right away, Taehyung snorting loudly as he takes a big gulp of a coke burping loudly right after which none of you pay attention to – you all are used to it by now. "Seriously, he's a maniac. He just doesn't know when to stop. His work out is so intense, I barely went home and I couldn't feel my legs, no fuck that, my whole body for the next few days."

You laugh, finally averting your eyes to Jungkook frowning but there is an amused smile on his lips.

"That's true, Jimin was close to crying on the phone the other day. I'm not even kidding." Taehyung reveals, Jimin nodding to prove his point as you grin at your friends.

"Well, it looks like it paid out. A few more times and maybe you'll be bigger than Jungkook." you say, teasing as you put the donuts down on the table as Taehyung praises you, jumping at the sight of food.