Chapter 21 

When the morning comes, you don't spend any more time in the tent than it's necessary. Jungkook is still fast asleep, turned with his back to you in more ways than just in a sleepy position. Even your dreams were filled with him, replaying your yesterday's conversation that ended up with him snapping at you. It affected you more you hoped for, you know he's just hurt and not ready to tell you whatever happened between him and Kiko. That's his way of coping, even though you're obviously bummed out that you weren't the person he wanted to talk to. But then, you're remembered when Jimin called you to visit your best friend and you saw how heartbroken he was. He was trying to push away everyone, wanting to be left alone. And he's doing the same thing now and you're going to respect that.

It's different because when they called you that night, Jungkook was calmer and was just left as depressed and sulked human being. But now, you could've seen him after something happened just a few minutes before he came back to your camping spot.

And that's how you spend your walk to the building where you take a morning shower — thinking about Jungkook while your heart aches for him, even though you've no idea what happened. One thing is sure, they talked and maybe Kiko finally spilled her secret. Shaking your head, you decide it's time to stop thinking about possible scenarios or your best friend that has never snapped at you so much.

When you come back, you're taken aback at the sight of awoken Jungkook who rubs his eyes and sleepily sits on one of the fishing chairs, wearing his oversized black hoodie with matching black shorts. It's getting hot outside, but he doesn't seem to mind. His hair is completely rustled, sticking to different directions but it still looks soft and sleek.

"Hey, where did you go?" Jimin asks loudly when he sees you approaching everyone, causing their eyes to turn to you but you've them solely set on your friend.

"Went to take a shower." you shrug, giving him a faint smile as you glance at Jungkook.

You almost scoff loudly when he stares at you before he looks away slowly and reaches for some snacks.

Jimin looks at you and then at Jungkook, glancing back at you as he hides a frown that wants to settle on his puffy morning face. He finds it weird because you haven't told anyone about you taking a shower and you just disappeared, Jungkook obviously didn't know when he asked him and told everyone he woke up alone. And the two of you act weird around each other, not hiding it that well at all.

"Are you hungry?" he settles on asking, "We're making some sandwiches."

"No, thanks," you give him another smile but he doesn't buy it, "I had some leftovers from yesterday." you shrug, excusing yourself by saying you need to pack.

And it's true. You don't need your friends staring at you, trying to figure out what the hell happened between you and Jungkook. The worst thing is, that even you don't know.

In the midst of your packing, when you hear some laughter and chatter, Jimin comes up to help you as he loads your luggage into the trunk of Jungkook's car.

"Hey, is everything okay between you and Jungkook? You two are acting weird." he says, voice thick with a worry when Taehyung walks up to you and has the same look on his face.

They're worried. You thought they're too busy fooling around to notice you or Jungkook, but it proved to be wrong. They're still your friends and they noticed.

"Uh, I don't know." you shrug, not really sure what to tell them. You don't know anything since Jungkook doesn't want to tell you and you're giving him the space he wanted. All you've got are wild guesses of what could possibly be behind his behavior.

"Did you guys have fight?" Jimin tries again, head titling to a side as he nibbles on his bottom lip.

"Something like that." you mutter, not particularly showing any emotion.