Chapter 39 

As soon as you wake up, you expect to be greeted with light or even sun rays peeking through the blinds. The reality is different and it hits you as soon as you crack your eyes open, greeted with barely any light. Even through the blinds you can make out the lack of sun. It's still dark outside which means it's too early for you to be awake.

Even in your sleeping daze you could've recognized yourself tossing for the past twenty minutes, too stubborn to open your eyes which ended up with you dozing off between sleep and being awake.

Last night's memories are fresh, properly tucked in your mind which caused you to dream about the weirdest things but also things connected to yesterday. From your conversation with Jungkook and his obvious worry, to your conversation with Kiko. Oh, and the clear image of Jungkook staring at you from across the room with knowing eyes.

He didn't go to talk to you like you expected him to. Maybe he tried, you kept avoiding him whenever he was in a close proximity or in the same circle of group. Not long after that you felt yourself getting tired, but mostly too tired to deal with more drama which caused you to silently slip away from the party, and find your safe hiding upstairs with Haneul by your side.

He looked like he had fun. You could see the alcohol he drank made him a little bit tipsy and sleepy. The two of you fell asleep as soon as you hit the expensive mattress and its softness.

Reaching for your phone, you check the time somehow thrown off to see it's barely seven in the morning. You've barely slept but you can't bring yourself to go back to sleep. You wish it was that easy.

Glancing at Haneul, you see him sleeping soundlessly and comfortably, something you secretly are jealous of. He looks peaceful, not moving an inch as his soft snores are muffled by the pillow while his face is pressed into it.

You lay there for a while, maybe five minutes, but even that seems to be too boring and the wooden ceiling is no different. You wish you could just lay there for the rest of the trip, not wanting to face Jungkook and the look of hurt once he finds out about your little confrontation with Kiko. Was it a confrontation though? Maybe he already knows, judging by the memory of his dark glare he sent you last night after Kiko whispered something to him and went upstairs.

Shortly, he went after her, maybe a few minutes later after you and Haneul bid everyone goodnight. Haneul's tipsiness was a perfect excuse to slip away from the party and avoid Taehyung's whines and pleads of another round of shots. At least you think it was Jungkook judging by the sound of footsteps. It sounded like his footsteps, stable and big but not loud enough.

Ah, this is torturing you.

Slipping off the bed, you stretch your arms and glance at Haneul for the last time before you decide to get ready for the day. You rummage through your suitcase for a moment before you pull out your toothbrush out of your mini travel bag. Your pyjamas are decent enough, just a simple long sleeved and dark blue set with buttons in front. There's a low chance of anyone being awake right now, considering the four of you were the first ones to go upstairs. Who knows how long they partied.

Slowly opening the door, you walk out of the room and use the closest bathroom on the second floor. Yes, the floor has three bathrooms in total. You're not surprised at this point by the number of rooms, this cabin is huge.

The hallway is quiet and all of the rooms are closed, meaning everyone is still asleep like you thought. You can already tell you're going to be so tired and sleepy throughout the day, but the thought of going back to bed is non-existent at the moment. You've to occupy yourself and mostly your mind to keep yourself from overthinking everything. Maybe you should set a new plan of avoiding Jungkook.