Chapter 79

Taehyung was up early the next morning, he felt like he had a lot to do before he could return to the company. He needed to spend time with the boys and to check in with Clara, but he also wanted to share some of his thoughts with Clara's parents to see what they thought of the situation.

Mr. Kim was already making coffee when Taehyung got to the kitchen. Taehyung gladly accepted an offered mug and asked if they could sit down for a few minutes to talk.

"I know the weight of my impending tour is a dark cloud right now. I'd like to consider taking Clara and the boys with me."

Mr. Kim couldn't help but show his shocked expression. "Taehyung-ah, I hear you but these are infant twins. Clara already has her hands full, I'm not sure dragging them around the world is going to make that easier, especially if you are trying to be private about your relationship."

"I know, but I can do whatever it takes to make it work for her. We could get nannies that travel with us. Or maybe you would like to come on tour and see the world and more or Namjoon's concerts? And we'd let the staff know so Clara and I could be together freely at least at the hotel. If Clara wanted she could skip some of the cities where we are spending less time so she didn't have to fly with the boys as much. I'll even fly Clara's doctor and the pedestrian out to check on them once a month. I know you are aware that money is not the issue. It's the fact that I just cannot get out of this commitment."

Mr. Kim waited while Taehyung paused. "And I don't want to miss my boys growing up. I've always wanted to be a father. They are changing so fast, I don't want to miss that. I think it will be best for all of us to go together."

"This is going to take a lot of planning, Taehyung-ah. And you leave in just a few weeks. How do you think you can make this happen? The babies don't even have passports, let alone visas to get into all of the countries you're heading to."

Taehyung was quick to respond. "If you support the idea I'll start today to try to pull things together. I know I still need to talk to Clara about it, but I don't want to get her hopes up if I can't make it happen. So right now I'm just asking you, what do you think?"

Mr. Kim took a moment to consider. "I understand what you're thinking. And if you really want to do this I'll talk to my wife and see if we might come on part of the trip to be supportive. But it will be worse to only have this half planned and leave Clara in an even more stressful situation, trapped abroad with nobody to help her. You really have to make sure that if you even think about doing this, you do it right, understand?"

"I will, I'll do it right, I promise. I'm not going to screw this up."

____________________

When Taehyung arrived at the company he immediately sought out the managers to tell him his plan. They didn't respond quite like he hoped, pointing out everything that would have to be done to make this work. Passports, visas, airline tickets, hotel reservations, security, medical care, baby sitters, transportation, car seats, strollers, laundry service. And not just in one city, in 30 different cities across the world. In short it would take a miracle to pull this together.

But Taehyung simply didn't care. If a miracle was required, he was going to see if he could make it happen. Even if Clara and the boys had to join them after the first week had passed. Or had to miss a few cities and countries along the way. Anything would be better than being apart for months on end with Clara feeling fragile and the twins quickly growing. Taehyung stood firm that this was what he wanted, and they could either help, or he'd make his own plans.

That spurred them to action. The only thing worse than figuring this out themselves would be trying to work around whatever plans Taehyung made. The tour was a well oiled machine. Throwing such a huge wrench into things could only lead to catastrophe.

After he told the managers he wanted a report by the end of the day, Taehyung went to join the rest of the members and let them know his decision. He was expecting mixed support, and that was exactly what he got. Namjoon was totally focused on whether he's even talked to Clara, Yoongi supported him, knowing that at least he was on the right track again, Jungkook just stared at him like he was crazy, Hobi gently reminded him that the tour wasn't exactly conducive to traveling with infant twins and they would be very busy the whole time, and the others just stared at him, totally unsure what to even say.

By the end of the day he'd heard back from the manager, and they thought they could probably make something work, as long as Taehyung was willing to be a little bit flexible. So now Taehyung needed to go talk to Clara and see what she thought. He knew this wasn't the best time to have this discussion, she was quite emotionally fragile. But he really couldn't wait. There was so much to be done that he had to take care of it now.

—-------------------

Taehyung called Clara's father on the way home to tell him that the company had offered their support. And her father confirmed that he'd talked to his wife, and they agreed that if Clara and the boys were going to join him on the tour, they would too. Now they just needed to convince Clara.

As soon as he arrived at the apartment Taehyung went directly to Clara, who seemed to be a bit better than yesterday. She was still zoned out, but at least she was sitting up with a book in her hand.

"Clara, can we talk for a bit? I have an idea and I want to see what you think."

Clara focused back on Taehyung and nodded.

"I know this is going to sound like a lot, but I hope you'll listen with an open mind. I'd like to take you and the boys on tour with me. I really don't like the idea of being apart from you for so long. I know it's a lot to travel with the twins, but your parents have agreed to travel with us. And we'll also get some nannies or whatever we need to make it work. You won't have to do anything extra besides come with, the company will figure out everything else. What do you think, hmm?"

Clara just stared at Taehyung with her eyes wide. This idea...was crazy. She didn't even want to get dressed, let alone travel the world.

"I don't know Tae, I think it's going to be a lot of work. I'm not really sure if I'm up for it."

Taehyung grabbed both of her hands and looked Clara in the eyes. "I know it's a lot for me to ask you to trust me, especially when I haven't been home for a few days. But I'm asking you to trust me and your parents on this one. I hope in a few weeks you'll be feeling better. But under any circumstances, I think it will be best for you and the boys to be with me. Are you willing to do that my love?"

"Ok, if you think we should go with, we'll go with."

Taehyung scooped Clara into a hug and pressed his lips to her head. "Trust me, I promise you won't regret this. I love you and the boys so much and I can't wait to give you the whole world."