Chapter 50

Taehyung wasn't really sure how to start the second conversation. His mother was more than a little irritated that Clara hadn't called her when she wasn't well. And was even more upset that she was staying at the dorms instead of at his parents' apartment. As his mother had reminded him, "A nice Korean girl would never stay at a dorm full of single men while carrying your child."

And if Taehyung was honest, he was a bit upset about it too. Not that she was at the dorms. That he was fine with. These men were his brothers, and he trusted them more than anyone. But he was upset that she would rather allow her sickness to get that bad rather than call his parents. He remembered times when he was sick as a child. She always took such good care of him, catering to his every need to ensure he returned to full health as quickly as possible. Clara should have experienced the same but she seemed to have some kind of aversion to being close to his parents that he was having a hard time understanding. She and his mother had been spending regular time together. And his mother had started to warm up to Clara, even occasionally telling Taehyung things she liked about his wife.

But a huge rift seemed to continue to remain and Taehyung simply did not understand the whole situation.

"Clara, when you were sick why didn't you call my mom? She lives just downstairs and could have come quickly." He felt Clara stiffen in his hold.

"Um, I..I um, couldn't find her phone number?"

"Do you want me to make sure it is programmed into your phone?"

"Oh, um, sure."

"Ok I'll do that."

Grabbing her phone off the bedside table he went to add his mothers phone number only to discover it was already entered in her contacts. He didn't want to push her too much on this so he just set her phone back down and returned to the conversation.

"It's been good for you to stay at the dorms for a bit, but I know you're feeling better now. Not quite up to being alone, but well enough that you should be ok without the doctor coming to check on you regularly. Would you consider going to my parents for the week until I return back from filming? I know my mother would like to take care of you and make sure you are doing well. You might be surprised at how good she is at that kind of thing if you give her a chance."

Taehyung felt her begin to shake against him, and then felt the tell tail wetness from the tears streaming down her face. "Hey sweetheart, don't cry, it was just a suggestion."

"No, I'll go."

"I don't want you to go if it is going to upset you, ok? I think it will work out better than you expect, but I want you to decide."

Clara had felt a certain lightness since Taehyung had been home. She was exhausted and found that leaning on him to help guide her and take care of her was an incredible relief. He seemed so in tune with her and her best interests, perhaps he was right. She should give it a try if that's what he wanted.

"No, I want to go if you think that it's a good idea. I trust you and maybe you're right. It could be that I feel anxious for no reason. My emotions are still a little out of control so that might be the issue."

Taehyung was relieved. "For now let's get you a good nap, and then afterward we'll gather a few things so you can go to my parents. I'll take care of everything for the transition, ok? You just rest, we'll go over to my parents tonight before I head back for filming. Sound good?"

"Yeah" Clara sighed out, "That sounds good".

________________

It didn't take Taehyung long to get Clara settled into the guest bedroom at his parents' apartment. While she was getting ready for bed Taehyung made sure to cover her schedule for the week with his parents, also explaining how the company would drop off meals for her. The only real things on her schedule besides plenty of rest were a visit to her OB the following morning, and the company doctor stopping by every day or two just to check-in. Since she wouldn't be working again anytime soon, her schedule was largely clear otherwise.

Taehyung's parents assured him that they would take care of it and would take excellent care of Clara while he was gone, promising to call him if anything came up.

It was hard for the couple to say goodbye, but Taehyung felt relieved knowing she was under the watchful eye of his mother. Not able to stomach a teary farewell, Clara finally agreed that Taehyung would help her get ready for the night, tuck her into bed, and stay with her until she fell asleep. Then he'd quietly sneak out to return to the filming location without disturbing her.

When Taehyung was confident Clara was sound asleep that night he kissed her temple, whispered his love for her, and carefully extracted himself from her arms. He hated to leave her but knew the sooner he went the sooner he'd be back. And he really, really wanted to get back.