Chapter 70

The company had one last surprise for the boys before they started on the first leg of their tour. They were giving them a full three days off to spend however they wanted. The members had been working so hard they finished the necessary work early, and with some careful rearranging they were able to create time for a short break before everyone left town. Taehyung started to tear up at the news. He had given up on the dream of spending more time with Clara, and now he was given the gift of three days straight together. He wanted to treat it like the honeymoon they never had, totally lost in each other's company.

It didn't take Taehyung long to find a small beach cottage that was available for the mini break. He quickly reserved it and made plans for security to manage the rest. Then he had just one more day of work until he and Clara could go to the ocean and enjoy their freedom.

Clara was ecstatic at the news and immediately went to pack a bag for the trip. It would be about a four hour drive, but then they could do whatever they wanted. Taehyung convinced Clara to leave later at night as soon as he was released by the company. He was happy to drive and let her sleep, and it would allow them to expand their holiday a little bit longer.

By the time he got home Clara had her things by the door. As soon as she heard Taehyung come in she quickly waddled over to greet him. Sitting down on the small bench by the door she began to slip on her shoes but Taehyung insisted on helping her. He wanted to make sure she had sturdy shoes for their trip, even if that meant helping her tie and untie them each time.

Taehyung managed to get everything slung over his shoulders with a suitcase in one hand. Clara grabbed his other hand and carried her small shoulder bag and both their coats. Taehyung had already tried to tell her she was carrying too much but she wouldn't be dissuaded. Anything to help get them on their way sooner.

Taehyung wasn't surprised to find Clara sound asleep in the passenger seat even before they were outside of Seoul. Since her pregnancy she really did love to nap. He turned on some quiet music he could sing along with and began the long drive to the beach. About an hour later Clara woke up and needed to find a rest area. While they were stopped, Taehyung picked up some snacks they could eat while they were driving.

Clara was awake for the rest of the trip, the couple sharing stories about vacations they had been on and beaches they had visited, interspersed with singing along to the songs on the radio.

It was quite dark when they finally arrived at their destination. A small cottage right on the beach with big glass panels facing the water. Taehyung followed Clara inside who immediately fell in love with the cute cottage. It had one bedroom with a large four poster bed, a large bathroom with both a shower and a jacuzzi tub, and fireplaces in every room to keep things cozy and warm. There was a small kitchen pre-stocked with the basics and Taehyung told her there was a little town just a few blocks back that still had a few restaurants open, even in the winter, that could send delivery.

Taehyung could see Clara wanted to continue her exploration but was struggling to hide her yawning. "Ok baby girl, let's get you undressed and we can see how comfortable this bed is. Then tomorrow we can go explore. Sound good?"

Clara blushed and smiled in return. "Yes, that sounds really good."

———————-

Taehyung had lit the fireplace in the bedroom, offering a cozy and romantic glow. And it only took a few minutes before they were tangled together on the large bed. Throughout the night they continued to wake each other up to pick back up where they had left off, enjoying each other like it really was their honeymoon and they couldn't get enough of each other.

By the time morning rolled around and the sun was peeking through the windows they were both sound asleep, fully relaxed and spent from their activities during the night. Clara had woken up first by the ever present need to use the restroom due to the increased pressure from the growing babies. Sneaking out from under her husband's arm she slid to the edge of the bed, planted both feet firmly on the floor, and with the help of her arms to push herself up, stood and headed toward the bathroom.