𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐌𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐃

Jane trails after Scott and Stiles toward the lacrosse field, listening to their conversation. 

"Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles questions. 

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today" Scott informs them. 

"Don't worry, Scott. I'm sure you'll do well" Jane offers him a small smile with a soft tone, making the McCall boy smile back. 

"We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?" Stiles questions, glancing back at the tanned werewolf. 

"Ah, I texted him but he didn't get back at me," Scott confesses. 

The two humans turn fully towards Scott, looking at him. 

"You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?" Stiles questions, not believing what he hears. 

Jane furrows her eyebrows. "Scott, tell me you didn't tell him over a text. Please, tell me you didn't. Why didn't you call him instead? I call Lahey once a week." 

Scott opens his mouth to speak, but closes it before speaking. "I didn't have the money to call France." He confesses. 

Jane purses her lips, nodding in understanding. None of the three was exactly the richest in Beacon Hills. 

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House." Stiles speaks. 

"Another notice?" Scott questions. 

"Yeah, this one said, 'Final' " Stiles says before sighing. "Now, what the hell are we doing here? We got, like, 117 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them." 

Scott watches past the two humans, looking at the lacrosse field stunned. "It is now." He points with his head at the field, hinting for the two humans to look at the field. 

Stiles and Jane turn around, watching the tryouts. They watch the young goalie catch every shot sent his way. 

Stiles glances at Scott and Jane quickly before looking back at the goalie in shock, not believing how he can catch every single shot. 

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles questions, as the goalie steps forward from the goal as he takes off his helmet. "Okay, maybe we should practice a little bit" He confesses after a minute. 

The two lacrosse players move onto the lacrosse field.

"I miss you already too, boys! Thank you for the nice, kind goodbye." Jane calls out sarcastically before going to the benches. 

Jane glances at the Freshman goalie, seeing him look right at her. She smiles slightly, as he smiles back. 

🐺🌕🦈

Jane sits behind Lydia in math class, as Stiles and Malia walk in. 

"I hate math. It's pointless." Malia argues as Stiles leads her to their seats. 

"It's school. School is important, and math is essential" Stiles states, as they sit down. Stiles sits behind Malia, next to Jane as Malia sits next to Lydia. 

Malia turns around, holding her books. "To what?" She questions Stiles. 

"Knowing how much to tip at restaurants," Stiles states. 

Jane smiles to herself, holding her laugh at Stiles' statement. She finds the couple cute and they have a special chemistry that fits them perfectly. 

Lydia turns to them at Stiles' statement, leaning closer to Malia. "And other less important things like medicine, economics, engineering."