𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐓

Jane wakes up the next morning on the couch and groans. She sees that Corey already is awake. Tracy and Josh wake up soon after them. 

"How long have you guys been up?" Tracy questions. 

"Five minutes. I don't know how long Corey's been up. Don't chameleons need to sleep? Or you do require only one or two hours of sleep a week?" Jane questions, squinting her eyes tiredly as she slowly sits up. 

Jane lays her head back on Tracy's shoulder. 

🐺🌕🦈

"What are you guys doing today? School?" Josh questions. 

"I'm going with Theo. He wants me to come with him, Malia and Braeden. They're saving Deaton from the Desert Wolf." Jane speaks softly. 

"Oh?" Tracy lets out. "Fun, I guess."

"Not really but pack loyalty is the thing of the 21st century." Jane half-jokes before grabbing her backpack. 

They get outside and they take Jane's car to Beacon Hills High School. Jane promises to pick them up after school before she walks towards the locker room where Theo told her to meet him. 

Malia enters the locker room and looks a the large syringe Theo's holding. "You...You're kidding, right?" 

"I promised I'd help you and I will." Theo simply speaks. 

"That's supposed to help me find Deaton?" Malia questions. 

"No." Theo states. "Something in the Dread Doctors' Operating Theater is going to do that. I can take you there, but I can't let you see where it is." 

"Ever hear of a blindfold?" Malia questions the Chimera. 

"Not one that works on a werecoyote." Theo replies. 

Malia glances down at the large syringe. "What's in it?" 

"Wolfsbane. The same kind they used on Liam. It won't last and there's no permanent side effects." Theo speaks calmly. 

"Why should I trust you?" Malia questions. "Jane I trust, even though she's with you. But why should I trust you of all people?"

"You shouldn't. But you will. Because the Desert Wolf could be here and Scott's boss could already be dead. You want to give Scott the bad news? You want to tell him it's your fault Deaton's dead? Because you pretty much dared the Desert Wolf to come after you." Theo speaks. 

Malia glances down at the syringe before looking up at Theo and breathes in through her nose before taking a step closer. 

"You're gonna have to come closer than that." Theo states quietly. 

Malia looks at him as she takes another step closer. 

"Closer." Theo states. 

The werecoyote takes another step closer and there's just inches between their faces. Jane looks between them with raised eyebrows. 

Malia leans her head to the side to give Theo room to stick in the syringe at the side of her throat. Theo grabs the other side of her face, her cheek. Then he presses the syringe against her throat but not enough to go through the skin. 

Theo glances up at Malia for confirmation. 

"Do it." Malia speaks quietly. 

Theo sticks the syringe inside her skin and Malia's eyes start to glow bright blue and her fangs show as she roars. 

🐺🌕🦈

Malia wakes up tied to a chair. She looks around. Before she grunts and tries to break free. Then she looks over at Theo. "What the hell's this?"