20

"Tana! Tana!" Wednesday kneels down next to the redhead. Her hair is pale and her white tank top is bloody at the shoulder, "Help me!"

"Her powers, Wednesday," Eugene says. Bianca kneels down next to Wednesday. The siren helps lift her up.

"Come on! Come on!" she takes Tana into her arms. Eugene and Bianca run out of the quad. The entire student body waits outside the gates of Nevermore.

Outside, Enid stumbles in from the woods.

"Enid?" Ajax mutters. The two run to each other. He takes her under his arm and the student body watches as the girl comes out from the woods covered in blood. The students part ways as the two walk toward the gates.

"Where's Wednesday?" she asks. The Nightshades all look at each other, not knowing if the girl is alive. The blonde girl panics for a moment before seeing three figures in the distance. She walks closer to see if it's her. She runs up to meet the three, with the rest of the student body following.

Enid runs up and hugs the girl, who still holds Tana. She pushes her away, but only for a second. Bianca takes Tana from Wednesday's arms. The Addams girl then grants her roommate a hug, both of them needing it.

Xavier walks over to Bianca to check on Tana.

"Wednesday, Wednesday," he calls, "She's not breathing."

"What?"

"Oh my god," students begin to murmur, "What happened to her?"

Enid releases Wednesday, who rushes to Bianca.

"Lay her down," she instructs. Bianca kneels down and Wednesday checks her pulse, "Tana, don't do this to me."

The girl tears up and begins to perform CPR. She starts with chest compressions.

"Tana, wake up. Wake up," Wednesday orders. She's panicking and the students can see that. The redhead's body jerks with each compression, "Stop playing sick tricks on me. Wake up! Wake up!"

"Someone get help!" some of the students run off to find the remaining teachers, "Come on! Come on, let's hurry!"

Wednesday tilts her head back and breathes into her mouth. Her chest rises and falls but then stops. She goes back to compressions.

"Tana! Don't do this!" Wednesday shouts. Enid turns to Ajax and cries. Xavier kneels down, noticing that Wednesday is becoming fatigued.

"Trade me," he says. He takes over for compression as Wednesday examines her face.

"Tana, wake up!"

"Rescue breaths, now," Xavier instructs. The Addams girl leans back down to give Tana's lungs air. The boy goes back to compressions as the students watch hopelessly, "Come on, Tana. Come on."

She won't let Tana give up. After everything they went through, Wednesday won't let her leave. She would never forgive herself if she couldn't bring the girl back. She gets an idea, stemming from her knowledge of Tana's powers.

"Who has a lighter?" she looks up. The students grow wide eyes, "Who has a lighter? Give one to me, now!"

"I do!" A gorgon pushes his way through the students and tosses a lighter to the Addams girl. Xavier stops doing compressions.

"Wednesday, what are you doing?" he asks.

"Back up," she orders.

"Wednesday..." Bianca says.

"Back up!" she yells. Xavier shuffles away as she sparks a flame. The students watch as she brings the flame to the girl's chest. They gasp when she lights her tank top on fire.