19

Enid's cell phone rings while she and Ajax are kissing each other. The ringtone is Flight of the Bumblebee, signaling that Eugene is calling. She chuckles and gets up to answer it.

"Hey! Eugene, how are you?" she answers his facetime call.

"Have you seen Wednesday?" he asks.

"No, she left this afternoon. Didn't she swing by to see you?"

"Listen," he starts, "Principal Weems and her went and confronted Ms. Thornhill. But I haven't heard a peep from either of them."

"Why would they confront Ms. Thornhill?" Enid questions.

"Because she's behind everything that happened," he explains, "she's the bad guy... bad woman. I, uh, she's just a really bad person."

"Okay. Ajax and I will go check out the conservatory," she replies.

"Yo. Bee boy, welcome back," Ajax comments from behind her.

"What's he doing in your room?"

"Um..."

The door to her dorm room opens and Thing scurries inside, "Wha...?"

He urgently taps the bed and begins to sign, too fast for them to understand.

"Slow down! What happened?" Enid asks, tossing her phone on the bed. He begins to explain everything that just happened, "Principal Weems?"

"Enid, what the hell is going on?" Ajax asks.

"What about Wednesday?" she ignores the gorgon, "Tyler and Thornhill took her? Where? Crackstone's Crypt, what the heck?"

He signs her to get help from the Nightshades.

"Who are the Nightshades?" she asks. He points to Ajax. The boy sighs.

"I'll... I'll explain on the way," he states. Someone knocks on the door. Enid urgently gets up to open it.

"Tana!" Enid smiles.

"Hi," she replies. She did not understand why the blonde was happy to see her.

"Come on, Wednesday needs our help. No time to explain," she grabs the redhead's wrist and drags her down the hall. Ajax and Thing follow them.

"Guys? Guys?"

***

Wednesday wakes up in Crackstone's Crypt. Her arms are shackled and she's chained to the ceiling. Blood has dried on her face from where Ms. Thornhill, Laurel Gates, hit her. She looks up to find Tyler standing in front of her.

"Kind of a déja vu thing we got going on, huh?" he jokes.

"Except I won't cry and whine like a child," she retorts. Hundreds of candles illuminate the crypt.

"Tyler, go wait by the boat," Laurel instructs.

"Yes," Wednesday agrees, "Listen to your master and be a good little Hyde."

He pushes past her and leaves the Crypt.

"I have to admit..." Laurel starts, "that shape-shifting stunt with Weems almost worked."

She begins to put metal lids on the jars with the body parts on them.

"But as my father always said, 'If you want to outsmart an outcast, you got to out-think 'em.' You know, we have roots that go all the way back to Joseph Crackstone," she states.

"So you come from a line of psychotic killers too," Wednesday comments.

"Joseph Crackstone was a visionary," she approaches her, "dedicated to protecting normies from outcasts until his life was cut short by your ancestor, Goody Addams. And then, to add insult to injury, they stole his land to build that abomination of a school."