7

"Yes, all right. Everyone take a seat. We have a special announcement!" Principal Weems announces. The Nevermore students sit in bleachers in the town square of Jericho. Mayor Walker turns to speak to them.

"Welcome, welcome, Nevermore Academy," he says, "Now, on behalf of the entire Jericho community, we are so, so pleased to have you all here today. Your generosity and hard work are truly... outreachous!"

He chuckles at his pun. Principal Weems walks over to stand next to him.

"Okay, everyone. We'll see you back here at one o'clock for lunch. Enjoy!" she exclaims. The students stand up from the bleachers. From here they will go to their volunteering places. Wednesday makes quick work to catch up to Enid.

"Enid," she calls. The blonde turns and Wednesday holds out her paper, "Switch volunteer assignments."

"What? No. Uriah's Heap is definitely not my bag," the girl groans.

"It's an emergency," the Addams girl pleads, "I need to check out Pilgrim World."

"But Wednesday, this is not a fair trade," Enid argues, "Why would I agree to spend the entire day at some dumpy emporium of crapola?"

"Because Ajax is going to be volunteering there," the blonde suddenly becomes interested, "Thing sneaked a peek at his assignment. But if you're not interested —"

She pulls the paper away, to which Enid snatches it.

"No!" Enid trades papers, "Oh my god, thank you. You're the best!"

The werewolf trots off happily. Wednesday begins to walk to Pilgrim World, which is just outside of the main town square. What she doesn't know is that Tana is also going to be volunteering there.

"Welcome to Pilgrim World!" a character for the park announces, "Witch trials every day! Two o'clock! Four o'clock! Hey, man! Woman!"

Wednesday walks into the park, finding Bianca and Yoko taking a picture in one of the tourist attractions where you put your head on the body of a character. In this case, they are pilgrims. Eugene, leader of the beekeeping club takes their picture.

"Hey, Wednesday, want to grab a Hummers group photo?" he asks. She keeps her blank face, "guess not."

"Good morrow, my young Nevermore kin," an actress approaches the group, "I am Mistress Arlene. A real OC. Original colonist. Now prithee, put your cell phones on vibrate and make haste, for you are about to travel back in time to the year of our Lord 1625, to Jericho's first pilgrim settlement."

She turns and begins to show the group of students around the theme park. Eugene eagerly follows her, the rest... not so much. Wednesday stays at the back of the group and locks eyes with Tana. The redhead looks away quickly, avoiding her.

"Yonder. Behold, the meeting house. Inside is a collection of artifacts related to Jericho's most beloved and pious founder, Joseph Crackstone," the woman continues, "and beyond is our privy, America's first gender-neutral restroom."

Wednesday steps toward the front, "I haveth a query."

"Pray, be quick, child," the woman instructs.

"In the meeting house, which of Joseph Crackstone's artifacts are on display?"

"It is truly a treasure trove, including the original farm tools, tableware, even the Crackstone family chamber pot," she informs the group, thinking Wednesday is actually interested in the theme park.

"Sounds fascinating," the girl cuts her off, "I volunteer to work in there."

"Pray, no. That exhibit is being renovated," the pilgrim woman stops her from walking off, "Today, thou will all be working at the beating heart of Pilgrim World."