31

Tana watches from a beach chair as Wednesday throws a multitude of spices on each steak. She always looks so serious and in the zone when she's cooking. Tana doesn't dare bother her, she just watches with a glimmer in her eye.

"Do you have plastic bags at your house? I forgot to bring some along. I should've known better," Yoko comments holding the last two handfuls of shells Divina collected. Enid smiles and nods.

"Woah, is Wednesday cooking for us? Or a five-star restaurant?" Bianca jokes when she sees Wednesday tending to their dinner.

"Better than anything I could make," Enid counters.

"I suppose so," The siren shrugs.

"Tana," Wednesday turns and stands upright, "Want to light to the fire?"

Tana looks around at the other people nearby, "Is that allowed?"

"Yeah, just don't make it too big," Enid answers. The other girls sit in the other chairs around the fire. Tana stands up and lights her finger as a candle. She touches the wood and it blazes but only for a second.

Wednesday watches her girlfriend intently. She knows that the redhead is nervous. She gives Tana a look with her eyes and a slight nod, telling the pyro it's okay to show off a little.

Without warning, Tana blows a line of fire from her mouth and ignites the wood. The flames reflect in Wednesday's eyes as she stands across from Tana, watching her use her flames.

"Jesus!" Bianca comments.

"Woah!" Divina says. The fire stays burning and Tana stops blowing fire.

"Sorry, I guess I should've warned you," Tana smiles shyly.

"It's okay! That was cool!" Yoko exclaims.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, I bet you're the person to go to on the Fourth of July!" Divina replies.

"Well, I guess," Tana shrugs. Usually, the locals in Alaska wouldn't dare let her within fifteen feet of the fireworks ammunition. If she were to accidentally light one, she could light them all, "I've never used fireworks before."

"You've NEVER used fireworks?" Enid exclaims. Bianca snorts.

"Well, she is a firework, technically," she laughs. Wednesday turns.

"And you're a fish."

Enid, Yoko, and Tana laugh.

"Wednesday, you have to let her use fireworks at your house over summer break, okay?" Enid insists.

"Tana doesn't need a special occasion to light something on fire for pleasure, Enid," Wednesday retorts, "There are plenty of things to set ablaze at the house."

"Are they legal things?" she asks. The others laugh.

"Legal in some states," The Addams girl replies. She sets the steaks on the rack that sits over the fire pit.

"Have you ever built a sand castle, then?" Divina asks. Tana shakes her head, "My god, you've missed out on so much! You're childhood seems horrible."

"Divina!" Yoko is quick to hush her. Tana's smile falters but only for a second.

"It wasn't all that bad..."

"I'm sorry," Divina mutters, "I didn't mean it like that."

"It's... it's okay. You can show me, if you'd like?" Tana suggests.

"Yeah? No hard feelings?" she asks. Tana shakes her head again. Divina, Yoko, and Tana stand up. They walk back down, close to the water.

"You know, it's kind of sweet that your family has taken her in," Bianca says. She sits next to Enid. Wednesday still stands next to the cooler where she prepared the steaks, "I never knew her before and I wouldn't have if it wasn't for you."