32

"Congrats, Addams," Bianca smiles. For once, she doesn't want to make a dig at her because she makes Tana happy. And Tana makes Wednesday happy, even if she doesn't show it quite like the others.

"That's cute. How long have you been together?" Divina asks.

"Not very long. Like only about a week," Tana answers.

"The spark has been slowly igniting for longer though," Yoko whispers to Divina who nods. They finish their steaks and Enid pulls out some extra stuff from her bag.

"I brought stuff to make s'mores before we head back," She explains. Yoko and Divina dive into the bag of marshmallows first. Wednesday takes one and puts it on the end of her skewer, she then puts it directly into the fire.

"Wednesday! You're gonna burn it to a crisp," Enid exclaims.

"That's how I like them," Wednesday replies. Bianca playfully rolls her eyes as she dips her own skewer into the fire. Tana takes one, puts it on the end of her skewer, but instead of putting it into the fire, she blows on it. Flames come out of her mouth again and she heats it up just how she lights it.

"I wish I could just make my own s'mores without having to make a fire," Divina comments. Her marshmallow lights on fire and she pulls it out. She blows the flame out and grabs her graham crackers.

Wednesday finally pulls her marshmallow out, it's black and crispy. It doesn't even look like a marshmallow anymore. She pulls the crispy outside part off, revealing a small blob of gooey marshmallow underneath.

"You only eat the crispy parts?" Yoko questions, watching her. Wednesday nods.

"I'll take the other part," Tana offers. She holds out one graham cracker for Wednesday. The Addams girl sets the marshmallow down on one while Tana smushes the chocolate down on top with another graham cracker. Wednesday then pulls the skewer out, "Thank you."

"Of course," Wednesday answers. Tana makes her second s'more with the marshmallow she made. The other girls eat theirs as well, with the graham crackers crunching and breaking off from their mouths. Wednesday puts another marshmallow on her skewer and dips it into the fire. Tana takes her wrist and moves the skewer in front of her face. She burns Wednesday's marshmallow to a crisp with her own flames. If Wednesday hadn't already been tethered to Tana before, she definitely is now.

"That was... cute... but in a weird-fiery-sort of way," Bianca comments. Tana turns back to the others and smiles.

***

When the girls finally get back to Enid's house, everyone is exhausted. The others let Wednesday and Tana have the guest room, which is a lot less colorful than the rest of the loft. Yoko and Divina will sleep on a queen sized air mattress in the loft living room area. Bianca opted to sleep on the futon in Enid's room.

Tana gets underneath the comforter as Wednesday walks into the room. She had been in the bathroom to change. She shuts the door and grabs a pillow from the bed.

"What are you doing?" Tana asks when Wednesday doesn't join her.

"You said you weren't ready to sleep in the same bed together. I will take the floor," Wednesday states.

"No, Wednesday, you don't have to do that."

"I am only respecting your wishes. I don't want to make you uncomfortable," The Addams girl replies.

"I'm not uncomfortable and I would feel bad you're sleeping on the floor. Please, come up here?" Tana asks, her voice growing softer at the end. The same kind of soft voice that she first used when they were at Nevermore.