21

It's late when Lurch pulls up to the Addams family home in Westfield, New Jersey. Tana had mostly slept the whole way and Wednesday too, eventually. When Lurch opens the driver's side door and the lights overhead turn on, Tana opens her eyes to see that Wednesday has fallen asleep next to her. The Addams girl's head was tilted to the side away from her.

"Wednesday," Tana lightly brushes her thigh. The girl's head snaps back into position, "Oh, jeez."

"We're here," Wednesday comments. Lurch grunts as he opens the back door to let the two out. The Addams girl grabs her backpack before stepping out of the vehicle. Tana follows as Lurch begins to take their luggage out of the trunk.

Wednesday's house reminds Tana of Nevermore. It's gothic and secluded in the forest of New Jersey. Wednesday walks towards the front door of the towering house. Tana is quick to catch up with the girl.

"Welcome home, my little scorpion," Gomez greets her in the living room. He sits next to Morticia, with his hand on her thigh. Pugsley sits on the floor and another woman with grey hair sits in another chair. She's significantly older than the other adults.

"My little rain cloud!" Morticia grins. Tana walks in from the foyer, "Tana... what a lovely surprise."

"Who is this?" the woman with grey hair asks.

"Grandmama, this is... t-this is Tana. Tana Adler," Wednesday introduces. Her grandmother smiles.

"Hi," the redhead shyly waves, "It's nice to meet you."

Lurch brings in the luggage and shuts the door behind him. Morticia notices the white suitcases next to Wednesday's black trunks.

"Wednesday, please come with me to the kitchen," her mother instructs. She stands up, wearing her long black dress, and walks down the hallway to the kitchen. Tana goes to follow but Wednesday turns around.

"Wait here," she instructs the redhead. Tana's eyes grow wide as she is left with the remaining family members in the living room. She's only ever met them once and now here she is, just standing in their home.

"What are her suitcases doing here?" Morticia asks. She isn't upset that Wednesday has brought a friend to their house, she's merely interested in the implication of doing so.

"Tana has no living relatives and was going to be sent into foster care," her daughter explains, "The foster care system is corrupt already as it is. For the sake of safety, I brought her here as she would be more at risk in a foster home with normies."

Morticia grins, "Very well. Shall I have Lurch prepare the guest room for her?"

"Yes," Wednesday answers.

"Wonderful," her mother smiles, "I'm very proud of you, my dark cloud. You've made quite the friend."

Wednesday glares at her mother, not commenting on her observation. She simply turns and leaves the kitchen. She goes back out into the living room to find Tana still standing in the entryway.

"Lurch, please take Tana's things to the guest room," Morticia orders.

"She's staying here?" Pugsley asks excitedly.

"She is," she answers.

"If you do anything to disturb her, I will waterboard you in the bathtub," Wednesday threatens.

"I'm not scared of you," he scoffs. Wednesday pulls out a knife from her pocket.

"Want to test me?" she asks, "I would love to test out my taxidermy kit on a larger subject."

The boy quickly stands up and runs off, giggling as Wednesday goes after him. Tana, however, looks concerned for the younger boy.

"Oh, don't worry Tana. This is just how they entertain each other," Morticia smiles. Pugsley screams upstairs and Gomez puts his hand to his heart.