22. STOP DOING THIS

《 A/N … I appreciate every single one of you who have stumbled upon this story of mine and would be absolutely grateful if you could leave a like or sneaky comment on this. It helps me know I'm on the right path but also keeps me motivated to write more stories like this.
Much love. 》

________________________________________________________________________________________

I startled awake.

Not from a dream thankfully and I rolled over, watching Johnny sleeping peacefully next to me, his right arm lazily around my waist, holding me just like he promised, he never did break his promises, not with me. A smile crept to my face as I reached up, gently playing with his hair, loving how messy and undone it was when he slept before I realised how dry my mouth was.

I carefully slipped from the bedroom. My head was a mess again and it was my fault. My doing. This entire situation was because of me. I snuck into the kitchen and grabbed a glass, filling it with water before I took a big swig, then pressed it to my temple, feeling the cool against my hot skin. I finished the glass, putting it up to dry when my body sensed him and my grip on the sink made my knuckles go white.

“So he’s dressing you up…or down too.” That voice was so close behind me that I felt his breath on the back of my neck before I felt him tug on my braid and I dropped my head back against his bare chest, looking up at him. “Ahhh…so he told you?” I gulped at that question. At how dark it sounded. But then I frowned, realising the position he had me in.

My body tensed, boiling with anger and I went to turn around, prepared to lose my shit because I was going to smack him but he grabbed my hand the moment it raised and pressed me back into the bench, glaring at me with a coldness in his eyes I hadn’t seen before. I glared right back before I yanked my hand free and tried to shove him off me. “Stop fucking with me…stop doing this. You made it clear, you don't want me, so stop doing this!” I hissed, keeping my voice down but the anger and venom in my voice was clear.

A growl rumbled deep in his throat before he picked me up and slammed me down on the bench, one hand in my hair at the back of my head, holding me still while his other rested on my knee and I felt him press himself against me, situating himself right between my thighs. “You think I don't want you?” He asked quietly but there was a very clear seriousness in his tone, and I didn’t know how to answer him, because now I wasn’t sure what to think. “I asked you a fucking question.” He tugged on my hair, growling at me and a whimper escaped my throat.

“I don’t know.” I croaked, feeling the tension rolling off him. Oh I had seriously pissed him off. “You’ve confused me…I don’t know what you want from me.” I whined quietly, holding myself together as his eyes scanned me, assessing me the way he would anyone else and I felt vulnerable having just said that.

His hand on my thigh began moving up, slowly moving up towards my hip before he pulled my face to his and my nose pressed against his. “Nothing.” He replied bluntly and it stung hearing that. I bit my lip, feeling tears sting my eyes and god did I feel stupid.

“Then let me go.” I gritted through my teeth at him, wanting to get down. I just wanted to go curl up with Johnny.

“No.”

“Ghost let me fucking go.”

He stared at me, I knew he could hear how upset I was, how angry I was and I truly didn’t expect him to be this cruel, to refuse a plea, not from a woman, not from me. Anger boiled under my skin again and I pressed my hands to his chest and tried to shove him back but he held me tightly in place, his legs rooted. My nails dug into his skin as I shoved him again but he didn’t move, let alone make a noise and I pulled my right hand back, punching him but again he just remained where he was, watching me.