2. GET SETTLED

A/N ... I appreciate every single one of you who have stumbled upon this story of mine and would be absolutely grateful if you could leave a like or sneaky comment on this. It helps me know I'm on the right path but also keeps me motivated to write more stories like this.

Much love. 》

____________________________________________________________________________________

Price came back an hour after I'd organised my room. "Let me show you to your office." He said sternly and I nodded, following him down the hall and to the left. It wasn't far from the living area itself but was situated within the infirmary wing either, in fact it seemed like it was- "Yes Harrison...this is just for us, our team."

"Sir? Why would you have me here? And not in the infirmary wing itself?" I questioned him quietly as I moved around the small room, a hospital bed and lots of equipment was in there, and I was quietly excited that this was essentially mine, my room and I wouldn't be sharing but it still made no sense why I was here and not where it mattered.

I turned to Price, who was lazily leaning against the doorframe and I smiled inwardly. These men liked leaning on things and were incredibly relaxed, casual around base. "Because I want you treating the team...unless it's a major surgery, I want them to get used to you and you with them because when you're ready, you'll be out there with us, treating and patching us up in the field."

"Ahhhhh...Ok that makes sense."

He smiled warmly at me before he stood up straight and rolled his shoulders, seeming tense. "Right...well get comfortable Harrsison. Training will start tomorrow 0500, I want to see how good you are with hand-to-hand combat so Soap will be training with that. Then you'll be on weapons with Gaz and Roach." I nodded slowly, taking in the information but I did wonder why he hadn't mentioned Ghost and training but I kept my mouth shut. "We got the week off from missions but that doesn't mean training stops."

"Understood Sir...so I'm free to relax today?" I asked hesitantly but his warm smile and slight chuckle settled my nerves immediately.

"Relax Harrison, no need to be so formal with me, not at the moment. Go on, go get settled and familiar with the base. Relax however you need before tomorrow." He turned and left, disappearing around the corner and I sighed deeply looking back into my office before my stomach grumbled.

I ended up in the common room, busy making myself a lunch when someone cleared their throat and I nearly screamed out as I spun around, my gaze landing on Gaz. "Jesus Gaz what the fuck! Are you trying to kill me already?" I panted out, clutching my chest while he threw his hands up, his face full of apologies.

"Sorry...I uhh, I just wanted to apologies about earlier...in the car." He said softly as he moved, leaning back against the bench to my right. I forced a smile to my face before I grabbed my food and nodded to the kitchen table, signalling him to join me which he did and we dropped to it, sitting opposite each other. "I didn't mean to sound sexist Harrison...I just didn't think Price would ever bring a woman onboard."

I raised a brow at him, and he smacked his forehead, groaning slightly because even that comment alone sounded sexist but I let him sit in his discomfort for a while before I snickered slightly, trying not to laugh but he looked back at me, brows drawn and I couldn't contain myself. "Oh Kyle...I'm just fuckin with ya...I knew what you meant, I just like watching you men squirm when you think you've offended me." I giggled out, feeling my cheeks burning.

His face relaxed instantly before he shook his head, a smile on his face. "Ohhhh you are good, Harrison...shit he picked well." My smile widened at the tiny compliment before he rested his elbows on the table and nodded to me. "So you're former Australian SAS then?" I nodded. "What are you doing here?"