8. PULLED BACK

《 A/N … I appreciate every single one of you who have stumbled upon this story of mine and would be absolutely grateful if you could leave a like or sneaky comment on this. It helps me know I'm on the right path but also keeps me motivated to write more stories like this. 

Much love. 》

________________________________________________________________________________________

The strangest, yet familiar scent hit me. I knew it but it wasn't one I'd gotten accustomed to yet and I stirred awake, stretching as I rolled over and my hand landed against something warm and solid. I rubbed my eyes, waiting for them to adjust to the dim morning light before I realised it was a chest I had touched, Ghost's chest. He was still in my bed? I thought he'd have bailed to his own room yet he was still here.

My head ached a little and I knew I'd over done it yesterday but it wasn't just the alcohol. I remembered everything from last night, everything he said to me and how I felt in his presence. My gaze moved up to his face, shocked he was still asleep yet it was amazing that he was, was he really that comfortable with me that he would still be asleep even with me waking up next to him?

His eyes opened slowly and I smiled slightly at him before he sat up and got out of my bed, leaving my room abruptly and I frowned deeply, completely confused by his sudden coldness and yet, not at all surprised. I sighed deeply before I rolled out of bed and pulled on a pair of pants and a bra under the shirt before I went to the common room, dragging myself to the kitchen, heavy eyed and sluggish. Coffee, need coffee.

I was leaning against the cupboards as I sipped slowly on my drink, groaning in satisfaction at how alive it made me feel when I noticed him enter, clean and changed. "Morning sleeping beauty." I said quietly but he just grunted as he came over and made tea. "Oh ok…back to that again." I sighed deeply as I slipped past him to the sink and emptied my cup down my throat before I cleaned it. "So I need to be drunk for you to acknowledge me, good to know."

A gasp left my mouth as he pinned me to the sink, his hands either side of my hips as he pressed himself against me. "You are…frustrating." He growled softly and I felt my skin prickle, my cheeks heat up as he held me there. But how he had said 'frustrating', it was slightly strained, like he was in pain or-

"You say that like I make you 'uncomfortable' Ghost." I replied playfully, wondering if I was right and he growled again, far more deeply, almost a warning to watch what I said next but it gave enough away and I turned my head slightly, looking at him over my shoulder, watching his eyes darker as he stared at me. "Oh I do." I whispered cheekily before he pushed off the sink and moved right away from me.

I shrugged and went to the gym, deciding that I'd jog this out of my system before I showered and hit the shooting range. Whatever was going on between Ghost and myself made little to no sense to me, it definitely seemed unless I was drunk, he wasn't going to acknowledge me and I could have sworn he was actually suffering when I looked at him but I knew I couldn't push him anymore or else I'd push him away and I quite enjoyed his company, even if we only went back to chatting slightly.

~~~~~

A week had gone by and Ghost had distanced himself from me, only using my callsign and the odd other word and I knew I'd pushed him too far, had fucked up but I decided not to react about it, or push him. It was like a dog, I had to let him come to me when he was ready, so I kept busy, adjusting to this new situation and it because I was busy, I hadn't had time to dwell about Johnny or the team which was so very welcome.

2 more days went by and I had decided to sneak out of my room that night, wanting to watch a movie on my own, in silence so I had waited until it was well after midnight before I slipped from my room and entered the common room, dropping my quilt and pillow to the couch before I laid down and turned the TV on, turning it right down so I didn't wake Ghost before I picked a scary movie and put it on.