10. STUCK TOGETHER

《 A/N ... I appreciate every single one of you who have stumbled upon this story of mine and would be absolutely grateful if you could leave a like or sneaky comment on this. It helps me know I'm on the right path but also keeps me motivated to write more stories like this.

Much love. 》

_______________________________________________________________________________________

PRESENT DAY

"JESSIE! Get the hell up...ya gonna be late come on!"

I groaned, swatting him away as I rolled back over. "Tell Price I'm sick. I don't wanna go to work today." I replied groggily but he pulled my quilt off and pulled my legs, slowly dragging me off the bed until I kicked him off. "Ok fuck! I'm up." I growled, and he chuckled deeply before he pulled me up right and I finally opened my eyes.

"There we go, now I know you're awake. Come on, Price said he's got something important to say this morning and I think it's about you, so hurry up." Oh my eyes shot open at that before I shoved him aside, pulling my shorts off and grabbed my pants, pulling those on quickly while he dropped to my bed, waiting for me to get changed. My shirt was off before I quickly clasped my bra up and then pulled my T-shirt over, shoving it into my pants.

"Do you think my training is finished?" I asked him quietly as I dropped next to him, pulling my socks and boots on before I jumped up and began braiding my hair as we hurried out to the common room. "Morning Gaz." I chimed out and he spun to me, smiling warmly before he pecked my cheek and fell into step with us. "Tell me I don't look like I just rolled out of bed?"

Gaz snorted before he ducked my smack and disappeared into the common room. "I mean, you did just roll out of bed...but you look fine Jessie. Breathe." He said softly and I shook myself out before I smiled crookedly at him.

"Thanks Johnny." I whispered before I slipped into the common room. Gaz and Roach were sitting at the table, both looking incredibly handsome but also serious and I quickly poured myself a coffee before I sat with them both, then Johnny dropped down next to me.

Price entered, smiling with a tiny nod at us but that was when I realised Ghost had entered behind him and I tensed even more, my leg starting to bounce but Johnny quickly pressed his against mine, reminding me to remain calm and I took another sip of my coffee before Price cleared his throat and we all turned to him as Ghost dropped to the table across from me but I ignored him.

"I'll just jump straight to it. Alejandro needs a hand with a missing container of weapons so I'm sending Ghost back out, it shouldn't take too long or be too much hassle and with that in mind." Oh no! My heart dropped the moment Price turned his gaze on me. "Harrison. Gear up, you're heading out with him."

"FUCK YEAH!" Roach cheered out.

"Good choice Sir, she'll keep Ghost in check." I heard Gaz say.

Ghost stood then tapped the table in front of me, and I flinched slightly. "We leave in 30." He said gruffly before he left and I spun to Johnny, my hand finding his under the table.

"Gaz, Roach, Soap...gimme a minute with Hen." Price said sternly and all three men stood, but Johnny squeezed my shoulder gently before he left and I felt the world crumbling away from me. "You have reservations Harrison?" I spun to Price as he sat, not really sure how to answer that but yeah. I had big fucking reservations.

"Why Ghost Sir? It could be anyone else, I'd fucking strip if I had to but Ghost?" I croaked out and I knew it was childish, pathetic to beg like this but I would do anything to not go on this mission with Ghost. He rubbed his temples and leant back in the chair, grumbling quietly.