15. GOT MY 6

《 A/N … I appreciate every single one of you who have stumbled upon this story of mine and would be absolutely grateful if you could leave a like or sneaky comment on this. It helps me know I'm on the right path but also keeps me motivated to write more stories like this. 

Much love. 》

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I was woken abruptly, a hand had moved over my mouth and my eyes shot open, staring straight up to Ghost who was holding his finger over his mouth, signalling for me to be quiet, his eyes warning me and I nodded my understanding before he slowly moved his hand and pointed to my vest.

Carefully, I pulled it on and grabbed my pistols, holstering one but kept the other out, noticing Ghost already had his rifle up, his eyes scanning carefully as he moved slowly, doing a complete 360 while I kept my back to his, moving with him before I heard voices in the distance to our left.

Without so much as breathing, Ghost disappeared from the truck and slipped into the shadows and before I could even blink, he was out of sight, leaving me with the truck and questioning if I should follow him. He shouldn’t be out there alone. We were out here, as partners.

5 minutes went by, no sounds, no gunfire, no voices were heard.

I went to move when I felt something cold against the back of my neck and froze. It was obvious that that was the barrel of a gun and I slowly took my finger off the trigger and moved, raising my hands very carefully when I heard a chuckle behind me. Not just any chuckle either. “You son of a bitch.” I hissed as I turned around, frowning deeply at Ghost. “Seriously am I ever going to get used to that?” He shrugged slightly as he shouldered his rifle but I noticed the blood on his gloves and his eyes followed my gaze. “Do I even want to know?”

He grunted slightly. “Just a couple of traffickers…didn’t think you’d have an issue with that.” I let that information sink in before I rummaged through the bag and pulled out a cloth and water for him to use to clean himself up with. “We should move…not safe here now.” He sighed as he pulled his gloves off and cleaned his hands up.

“Think Alejandro will let us back in?” I asked lightly, a slight giggle in my voice and he looked up at me as I holstered my gun, smirking slightly before I poked his chest and I hopped out of the tray, grabbing the bag, chucking it into the truck before Ghost climbed in the drivers seat and I hopped into the passenger seat.

                                    ~~~~~

We pulled back into base a few hours before sunrise and I was thankful it was only a skeleton crew out so we weren’t asked too many questions or why we had returned at all. Quietly, we made our way back to our room and once inside Ghost went straight to the bathroom to shower and wash the blood off while I removed my gear and boots, groaning slightly as I dropped to the bed before I pulled my pants off.

I got up and moved to my bag, grabbing a shirt before I pulled what I had on, off, and slipped the shirt over me, giggling stupidly at myself as I realised I’d grabbed the shirt Ghost had leant me. I dropped back to the bed, sighing deeply as I layed on my belly, enjoying how truly soft and welcoming the mattress was when I heard the door open.

“You better move your ass over Harrison.” I heard Ghost grunt out as he got changed but I just smiled into the pillow and bent my left leg up, taking up the entire bed and giving him no room whatsoever.

The bed dipped on my right, which wasn’t the side he usually slept on and I frowned slightly, grumbling deeply before he grabbed my hips. “What are you doing?” I asked slightly panicked, my body tensing before he moved me to his side of the bed and laid down behind me. “No fair…I was comfortable.” I pouted.