29. STAY HERE

《 WARNING - GORE / ANXIETY ATTACK

A/N … I appreciate every single one of you who have stumbled upon this story of mine and would be absolutely grateful if you could leave a like or sneaky comment on this. It helps me know I'm on the right path but also keeps me motivated to write more stories like this.
Much love. 》

________________________________________________________________________________________

"There you are! I was starting to think we'd need to send a search party out for you two." 

I beamed at Roach as Johnny and I entered the common room, skipping over to him for a quick hug, which he gave me, squeezing me tightly. "I just needed some time." I replied quietly as I moved to the kitchen. Ghost was next to the kettle, waiting for it to boil and I slid up next to him, bumping my hip to his and without even needing to ask, he grabbed an extra mug, getting it set up with 1 sugar just how I like it.

He remained quiet, just watching the kettle until I felt him nudge me gently. "Trip was good?" He asked quietly and I nodded, leaning back against the bench next to him, folding my arms as I watched the room, scanning everyone. "I take it you told Johnny what happened?" He was asking me about what happened to me and I sighed, but rolled my head to him, seeing his eyes on me, assessing me the way he always did and I knew he could read me, that he knew what I was thinking and feeling.

I smiled weakly and he nodded before he made our drinks and handed me mine. "Ahhh just what I needed. Thank you." He just grunted softly, before he slipped from the room, seeming more adjusted to us being friends and I was happy about that. That we could be friends after everything. 

The tea was perfect, it was always perfect and I felt more relaxed for it, before I slowly waddled out and right, going to Price's office. It was a quick walk and once there I knocked a few times. "Sir?"

Whatever he was doing, he must have stopped immediately. I heard a tiny commotion before he opened the door and looked at me, looked at me like I was his most favourite person in the whole world before it disappeared off his face and he moved aside for me to enter, which I did, with a brow raised at him. "What can I do for you Hen?" He asked far too sweetly then I was used to and paused, preparing to sit before I turned to him, narrowing my eyes, while he seemed completely blank faced.

"Well, I know Steve would have told you what blood work I had him rush through for me and I wanted to talk to you about it, in case you had questions and to ask you not to tell Gaz and Roach." I said flatly as I slowly took my seat, and he moved to his own on the opposite side of the desk from me. "Simon and Johnny are aware." He raised his brows at me and I smiled crookedly. "Simon found me Sir and Johnny is my best friend and I do trust the guys but there are things about my past they aren't aware of and I just, I'm not ready to open up that much with it."

"Jessie. I don't need to know either." I nodded stiffly but I knew he should know, he should have from the beginning and he waited for a while, just watching me, waiting to see if I'd reconsider but I remained where I was and after a few moments, he sighed. "I will listen, I won't ever judge you. And it won't change your position here." He added softly and I sat back, sipping my tea slowly before I opened my mouth and told him everything.

~~~~~

Everything except Simon and I.

But my past. Las Almas. Rodolfo. My parents. Why I joined. What I was prepared to do. And when Simon found me. Once I finished I exhaled shakily. Mentally exhausted going through it all again until Price leant forward across the table and reached his hand for mine, and I frowned at it but gave him my hand anyway and he squeezed it softly. "You, my dear, are a very strong and a very incredible woman…how you are still standing here, after that and still willing to go forward with this team…I don’t even have words."