31. EYES UP, HEAD DOWN

《 A/N … I appreciate every single one of you who have stumbled upon this story of mine and would be absolutely grateful if you could leave a like or sneaky comment on this. It helps me know I'm on the right path but also keeps me motivated to write more stories like this.
Much love. 》

______________________________________________________________________________________

"Wake up Jessie." That rough voice sounded close and I rolled over, wanting to be closer to it. "Come on sweetheart, we gotta go." A soft kiss was placed on my forehead and I hummed happily as my eyes slowly opened, taking in that handsome face I knew so well and he smiled crookedly before he grabbed my chin gently and pulled my face to his. "You enjoy yer sleep then?" I closed the gap between us, kissing him softly while his hand moved from my chin, cupping my face as he deepened the kiss which I obliged, pulling him to me, wanting him closer.

This right here. I could stay in this bed with him like this forever. How had I never known, noticed or acknowledged how I actually felt for him? This man was an amazing man, great actually and he was kind, caring, loyal like you wouldn’t believe and a protector. He had always tried to protect me, shield me, even though I didn’t exactly need it with this job, it was second nature to him and it was adorable.

Maybe Simon had been right. Maybe Johnny was the logical choice but…but how could I ever love Johnny the way I did Simon? I knew I loved him but it was so different to what I felt for Simon and because I’d always have a spot in my heart for him, it felt wrong to even try and give anything more than this to Johnny, which in itself was horrible.

When we pulled apart I finally answered him. "I did, but I'd prefer if I could go back and this was all over." I replied quietly before I sat up and reached out for Simon. "Where the fuck did he go?" I asked seriously when my hand hit nothing but a mattress, spinning to find it empty and cold.

"He said it was better if he wasn't here to say goodb-"

I didn't let Johnny finish because I was already on my feet, yanking my door open and I immediately checked his room, not finding him there so I moved to the common room, finding that empty as well so I went straight to the hanger, hearing Johnny behind me. I spotted Gaz and Roach first, both with their eyes out the door and I rushed them both, hugging them both tightly and squeezing the crap outta them. "You come home safe." I whispered to them both. I didn’t give them a chance to reply before I moved across the tarmac.

There I found the C17 fuelling up and Nikolai talking to the other crew, and he waved when he spotted me, so I returned it while I moved to the open tailgate where I found Price standing there, arms folded like a dad who just busted his kid trying to sneak out of the house. "And where do you think you're going?" He questioned me sternly. I didn't hesitate this time, to just hug him. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down slightly and just held him, feeling how uncomfortable he was but I refused to let go and eventually I felt his arms wrap around me before he gave me the biggest bear hug, that I knew he was capable of giving. "Be safe Sir. Come home…I still need you around." I whispered softly into his collar. He simply nodded and squeezed me in reply and I leant back enough until I kissed him on the cheek quickly, before I let him go, noticing his cheeks were a bright red shade.

Awww bless him.

Everyone else had bordered and were looking at me and Price oddly, though I ignored it before I grabbed Gaz’s face and kissed his cheek, then Roach’s and when I got to König, he looked down at me before he hugged me tightly and spun me from them. Then he proceeded to lift his hood out of sight of the rest before he smiled crookedly at me and then leant down, kissing my cheek quickly. An audible gasp left Roach and I felt König tense slightly but I grabbed his hand and pulled it to my face. "You got this big guy. Come home ok." I whispered to him.