9. I'M READY

《 A/N … I appreciate every single one of you who have stumbled upon this story of mine and would be absolutely grateful if you could leave a like or sneaky comment on this. It helps me know I'm on the right path but also keeps me motivated to write more stories like this. 

Much love. 》

______________________________________________________________________________________

Needless to say, Price was out of action the following day. I'd put him on serious bed rest with lots of fluids and home made soup, which he thankfully didn't complain about, in fact he seemed to enjoy being doted on but I was more than happy to do so. It wasn't just a job to me, I did truly care for these men and even though I rarely had to care for Price, I still babied him too.

Gaz hadn't slept well that night though and I'd found him sitting outside the captain's door when I got up to hit the gym. "Kyle…babe come on, into bed please." I said softly as I pulled him to his feet and into his room. He slumped on his bed, lost inside his head and I helped him out of his boots before I sat down next to him and pulled him into a side hug, where he crumbled, and I laid down with him in my arms, soothing him.

I knew he'd been a mess when I saw him get off that plane with Price but I didn't know it was this bad. "It's my fault…he got hurt because I was trying to shut Johnny and Roach up." He croaked out, wrapping his arms around me tightly and I felt my shirt slowly dampen from his tears.

"No…its my fault. If I wasn't here, you'd all still be absolutely fine and there would be no testosterone fuelled crap going on between you lot." I replied quietly but seriously. "He doesn't blame you Kyle…you know he doesn't."

He sobbed quietly for 5 minutes and I just held him, letting him get it out before he finally passed out but I waited a further 5 until I knew he was really asleep before I carefully rolled him over, handing him his pillow and he cuddled it tightly, sighing deeply. I got up and smiled softly at him, hoping he'd be ok and sleep most of the day before I slipped from his room and headed to the gym.

I found Johnny and Roach already in there, glaring at each other before they both spun to me and their eyes widened. "The fu-" I whispered until I felt that all too familiar feeling behind me and I dropped my head back, feeling Ghost right behind me, his gaze on the other two but I felt his fingers brush my arm gently, out of sight before his eyes dropped to me.

"How's Price?" He asked quietly and I sighed as I straightened up, frowning at Roach before I glared at Johnny.

"He will be fine. He's on bed rest but apparently you're all off for the next 48 hours and those two need to go sort their shit out." I replied quietly. They couldn't hear us but they knew we were having a conversation and I saw what looked like hurt cross Johnny's face briefly before he went back to his weights and Roach went back to the punching bag. "So much unfiltered testosterone." I grumbled before I turned around. "I'll go cook, come back when they're gone."

Ghost stepped aside for me and I felt his finger brush my hand before he entered the gym and I heard him bellow at the other two, which only made me giggle stupidly. I did feel bad for it, that I had become an issue within the team but I honestly thought a unit the elite would know how to 'service' those needs and desires without turning into drooling, feral teenage boys, especially Johnny. What the fuck was his deal now?

~~~~~

"Knock knock." I called out softly, bowl of soup in hand.

"I'm up." Price called back so I entered, smiling widely as I presented him with his bowl. "Really Hen? Soup?" He took it and looked up at me with a blank face.