13. USE YOUR WORDS

《 WARNING - SMUT

A/N … I appreciate every single one of you who have stumbled upon this story of mine and would be absolutely grateful if you could leave a like or sneaky comment on this. It helps me know I'm on the right path but also keeps me motivated to write more stories like this. 

Much love. 》

_______________________________________________________________________________________

After the sparring session with Alejandro I went for a walk and slumped down against a building on the far side of the base, far away from prying eyes and ears. I dialled the number, holding my phone out, unsure if he'd answer given it was roughly 9.30 pm back home but after the third buzz, he answered.

"Hey you...whats up?" Johnny asked gruffly, sitting up in his bed.

"I just needed to hear your voice and see your face." I replied flatly. He sighed deeply and raised a brow at me. "Everything has been fine here...I just miss home, I miss you and I miss talking."

"Jessie hey." His voice was soft, soothing and I hated that it made my chest tighten, and my eyes sting with tears. "He giving you a hard time?" I scoffed, rubbing my eyes so I wouldn't cry when I heard him grunt slightly. "What the fuck is that? Did he fuckin hurt you?" I shook my head, trying to figure out how to diffuse the situation because I'd never seen or heard Johnny so pissed before so I just opted for honesty.

"No, no…Alejandro offered to spar with me and well…I may have taken it a little too far and got really into it and his punch connected." I shrugged, licking my lip and rubbing my cheek but his nostrils flared. "Relax Johnny…he actually looks worse than I do. I hope I don't get in trouble actually."

His face softened slightly. "Stop trying to kill everyone Jessie. Geez, you're lucky Rodolfo doesn't come kick your ass for that." He said sternly, pointing to me and I smiled weakly.

"Oh! You don't know...Rudy wouldn't hurt me, we actually go waaaaayyy back." I giggled softly and he scrunched his face slightly, which made me laugh louder because that face, it was fucking adorable.

"Good...how is everything else? Alejandro won't ask for your hand in marriage now." I lost it at that and god did I miss this, miss him and how easy it was.

"I don't know, he seems to like strong women." He chuckled softly and I felt my cheeks flush at the sound before I noticed his eyes scan me, even through the phone. "I should let you go, it's late there."

He nodded slightly and dropped back to his bed, rolling over and smiled warmly at me. "Night Jessie." He replied quietly and I blew him a kiss, watching his eyes darken.

"Night Johnny." I whispered before I hung up. Sighing as I leant my head back against the building, my cheeks burning and my stomach doing cartwheels before I got up and went back to the barracks, hungry, tired and now miserable and home sick.

I ate quickly and quietly, hiding my face from everyone before I slipped into the bedroom, ignoring Ghost on the bed as I had a shower, washing away the sweat and tears. Once I was clean and dried, I pulled my pyjamas on and slipped into bed, rolling from him and let myself fall asleep, albeit angry and upset which didn't help with my dreams.

~~~~

For three days, I remained shut down from Ghost, not able to pull myself from my depression spiral, working like a robot, autopilot taking over for me. My feelings with the situation slowly changed but I still remained a fortress.

For three days, we went on patrol. Keeping the city safe, trying to find where the weapons could have been, following leads Alejandro gave us but always coming up empty.