5. HEALING AND GROWING

A/N ... I appreciate every single one of you who have stumbled upon this story of mine and would be absolutely grateful if you could leave a like or sneaky comment on this. It helps me know I'm on the right path but also keeps me motivated to write more stories like this.

Much love. 》

______________________________________________________________________________________

6 weeks went by and Johnny was still stuck at base with me while the others had gone on 2 separate missions. Price had taken Gaz, but that became apparent to me very quickly that those two had one hell of a friendship, it was hilarious banter and teasing but I could tell it was almost a 'father/ son' relationship too, Gaz looked up to Price like he was God himself and Price, well he'd never admit it but I knew Gaz was his favourite.

Ghost was with Roach and even that shocked me how well those two got on. It wasn't quite the friendship and banter Ghost had with Johnny, which I'd seen lots of during Johnny's bed rest, but it was still just as quirky and funny. I had figured out that prior to Johnny joining, Roach and Ghost had worked together a lot, even though Ghost preferred working alone, he seemed fine working with Roach apparently.

As for Johnny, well he was becoming miserable the longer time went on. The first week he'd been stuck in the hospital bed, which he hated. The second week he was allowed back to our barracks where I was to watch, check and change his bandages, keeping a close eye on him while he healed. That week he had soaked up being looked after like any man would, playing heavily on the 'man flu' situation but I let him, purely because he had nearly died and I felt completely responsible for that.

But by week 3 I'd kicked him up the ass and told him he had to start walking every day and god the whining that came out of him about that, I'd begged Ghost to take me with him before he left. Of course he didn't take me but he had spoken to Johnny because I found him doing slow laps of our barracks, pouting and grumbling to himself.

Weeks 4 and 5 were just us stuck at base and snow had begun falling outside, signalling winter was here and Christmas would be approaching soon enough. Nothing exciting happened even when Ghost and Roach came back, a little worse for wear but both thankfully not needing my help, just a drink or two. Which had been when the teasing started.

I was heading to the common room where I heard Ghost grumbling, slightly amused. "You've gone soft, look at you, she's feeding you too well."

"Stop poking ma belly Ghost! I'm still working out."

"This squish says otherwise Johnny." I giggled as I entered, finding a slightly drunken Ghost leaning over Johnny, poking his belly while Johnny was trying to swat him away, pouting with a frown. "No wonder she chose to sleep with you, you're marshmallow."

"I DID WHAT NOW!?" I snapped and Ghost shot upright, staring at, definitely caught off guard while Johnny chuckled, trying to hide it as he carefully got up from the kitchen table. "Say that again Ghost...go on, I did what?"

"He reckons you and I are more than friends." Johnny dropped Ghost in it but I rounded my glare to Johnny and he froze, throwing his hands up in defence. "I didn't say shit...why the fuck would I start that kind of rumour?"

My body tensed instantly. "So it's a fucking rumour now!? Not just grumpy pants here taking the piss! UUGGHHHH!" I groaned loudly in frustration and went to the fridge to grab some lunch and a beer. "Fucking men...fucking boys...rumour HA fucking idiots." I grumbled to myself as I moved past them to the couch and dropped to it, in MY spot.

It was one thing to be close to members of my team and Johnny and I had become close these last 5 weeks, obviously I mean we were stuck on base together and I was having to look after him so of course we got closer. But Gaz and Roach had become good friends too. Both like little big brothers too me, though granted Both had their own weird way of flirting with me I learnt quickly that it was completely harmless fun and helped them settle back after each mission.