013

Mentions of eating disorder

ANYLA McMILLAN

"eat." jah pushed the plate to nyla. she shook her head pushing it away. "yes, if you don't eat you not doing basketball no more" he threatened.

that's not fair.

"yes it is. if you don't eat, you not finna over work yourself with with a sport. eat." he pushed the plate back in front of her.

"she said she don't wanna eat just leave it alone! if she wanna starve let her. do us all a favor" dior mumbled taking a bite out the piece of bacon.

"nyla, please eat so you can be on time to therapy" jah decided to ignore diors tactics.

nyla sighed deciding to try.

jah nodded in approval as he started to eat with her. he tried his hardest not to give away that he was watching her closely making sure she actually ate.

she held a piece of bacon in one hand and her phone in the other texting notti. she took a bite eating it slowly.

notti had just finally finished the book it being around 600 pages and they were currently texting about it.

anyla looked up seeing her brother staring at her with a straight face making her put the phone down continuing to eat.

"anyla" dior spoke up making two pairs of eyes stare at her. "i just wanna apologize, i know we got off on the wrong foot by fighting the first night of me meeting you. i'm just tired of all the hostility in this house and if imma be here for another month we should just let it go so this can go past smoothly" dior sat her phone down.

"i'm sorry" dior added. "i won't mess with you no more and i hope we can get along for the houses sake" dior finished.

anyla stared at her seeing if this was just a funny joke but dior kept on her straight face raising her eyebrows.

nyla nodded just ready to be over the conversation. she would hold up her end of the agreement if dior did the same.

she didn't forgive her, she didn't trust her, and this didn't mean that they were cool nor cordial. it just meant no more arguing and fighting.

"okay, thank you" dior smiled getting up from the table and going to the bathroom. "ion trust it" jah shook his head watching her leave his sight.

"not one bit" nyla mumbled cutting her pancakes. "enough of her though, notti got you turning into a chatter box" jah teased making nyla blush.

she had been talking the most she had ever in the longest time, as much as she didn't wanna admit it notti had an impact on it.

"um" jah played with his food. "you think jayden like you?" he asked nyla making her scrunch her face up shaking her head.