Part 38

"The magic will weaken when we move away from the stone," Sunny said, sinking her talon's into the sand and dirt underneath her, "should I make more? Just to be safe?"

"Not just now. Write these spells down before you do them," Star said, "we could probably even claim this part if we're careful enough? Maybe.."

"What if I..." Sunny picked up a stick, "what if I enchant this to make a temporary place to stay with the material it touches like mud, sand or stone? Maybe wood?"

"No! I mean, not right now.." Starflight took the stick out of his friend's talons and stabbed it in the dirt, "write it down first and perfect it.. like the old icewing tribe used to do."

"Fine..." Sunny said, -but they only cast a spell once... they were terrible at it...-. From the story's about the icewing animus', they just made one spell in their lifetime. It's a gift! Use it! -icewing's are strangely stupid... no offence Canyon..- Sunny thought, knowing that icewing was listening to her. The little sandwing dipped her talon's into the cool water to wash them; if you squinted at the current of the water passing through her claws, there were small gold flakes falling off them.

"Can we try and find a scroll about the Scorching?" Sunny asked the nightwing who was still watching the colour bled out of the, now Sunny's height, statue, "or do you know about it?"

"I know the first part I think, but the last part confuses me the same way the start of this war is..." Star looked in Sunny's direction, "three weird looking dragons? How logical is that?"

"Mhm.." Sunny said, looking away back at the pillar, "there could be more to that..."

"That's what I'm thinking too!" Starflight said with slight joy in his voice, "since it was a random dragon getting mad at a scavenger then that war happened splitting the tribes but there's not much on who stopped the war.."

"What a mystery.." Sunny said, watching the last bit of colour to appear on its stone dragon and there were five dragons that looked like Sunny and her friend's, "hey it's us!"

An orange dragon, a sapphire-colored dragon, a green/rainbow dragon, a golden one and an obvious black gray dragon. They were all in the middle. Very easy to spot in the yellow, blue and green dragon shapes. They even looked more sculpted and detailed then the rest. -we're the dragonets of destiny, of course our little dragons are like that..-

"So they are us!" Starflight said joyfully. -he seems happier... I don't remember making him happier... did I?- Sunny thought. It was definitely the first Sunny's seen her friend this happy for a long time. The first was when he got a new scroll when they were younger. It was a scroll story of the famous purple dragon, indigo. He dragged Sunny into the study hall to read it to her.

"Did you find this?" Clay came up and looked at the pillar, "cause I don't think you made it... not at that time... right?"

"Well..." Sunny looked to Starflight, "I've got a lot to tell you and Tsunami..."

"And when she says that she means it!" Star said, "and there are a lot of things you need to go over with me too, Sunny.."

(A quick explanation later)

"Sooo... glory already knows?" Clay asked, scratching the top of his head.

"She saw me make my first spell!" Sunny said for the tenth time, "she was camouflaged in her sleeping cave and watched me make the pebble fly..."

"And you made my scales not penetrable?" Glory asked with a stern look, "look... love what you did but you didn't have to... I could've taken him in a fight! You know I could!"

"My dad is an animus... he could have killed you or any of us anywhere..." Sunny told her friend, "so that's why I made this pillar to block his magic. The barrier is, I think, around the rivers. Well... I don't know how to test it..."

"Huh... I never thought it'd be you being the animus, Sunny.." Tsunami said with jealousy, "at least I have stable parents.."

"Wow.." Clay thwacked Tsunami's side with his wing, "be nice Tsunami."

"That's ok Clay... it's true anyway..." Sunny curled around to the nearby stream of water and dipped her talon's into it like she did the last time, "I'll have to get used to dragons saying that to me and mother.."

Gold specks washed off the sandwing's talon's once again, following the current. Sunny didn't understand why this was happening but it felt reliving to do so. It felt calming to her. Starflight and Glory both sat on either side of the small yellow dragon and chatted about what and how Sunny's next spell would be. Sunny already had a plan on what her next spell would be, but it wouldn't be useful for the living of the mixed tribes, more only for her entertainment.

"Sunny?" Starflight said, tapping the side of his friends snout, "you still with us?"

"Yeah... I'm just thinking..." Sunny said, her eyes still fixated on her talon's, -I need to make something big first... a palace? For my mother and Tsunami's mother? But out of what?- Sunny thought, -I already have a plan for the palace... we also need to find a way to end this war...- (she thought of a probable castle on the flight.. :)). "Who are we picking for the new Sandwing queen? We need to choose..."

"Hmmm..." Glory scratched behind her ruff, "they're all terrible in their own way... Burn will keep the war going for fun, Blister is smart... too smart for my liking and Blaze is a numbnut."

"One, we don't need to worry about that right now and two, we need to help the dragons here now.." Starflight interrupted, "Sunny, about that stick earlier?"

"Now you want me to make it?" Sunny put her talon's back onto the bank of the stream, "when you said to write it down first? And perfect it?"

"You told me about it... and I think it's a good idea... it's helpful for many dragons who don't have a home in the first place..." Starflight said looking around for a decent size stick.

"What is he talking about?" Glory asked, "you didn't tell me about this."

"You'll see.." Sunny took the stick Starflight was handing her. -I enchant this stick to make a stable home out of whatever material that isn't a living thing, woods an exception.-. Nothing visibly happened to the stick, -and make it look fancy :)- the stick then jerked and then carved itself to look like a talon reaching out and casting its own spell, "there... Starflight is the first to test it, and remember, I don't think I can take back my magic.."