Part 15

(Midnight)

Sunny was half asleep when she saw a fox run past her with a dead bird in it's mouth,and into the tunnels, she got up and followed it slowly. When she was in the same spot as before, with a torch this time, heard the noise like before. It sounded like breathing. The fox ran past once again without the bird. Sunny walked around the corner and into a small cave with what looked like a dragon statue.

-a nightwing statue in the middle of a mountain?- Sunny thought, -why would this be here?-

Sunny walked closer to the statue, looking for the bird. The statue's eyes opened and looked at Sunny, the small dragon didn't notice.

"Company is nice.." someone said to Sunny, "your face reminds me of her..."

"Who are you? Where are you?" Sunny freaked out when she heard the voice and hid behind the dragon statue, "don't hurt me!"

"If I could I would never..." the voice said lowly, "I am Stonemover... and I'm right next to you.."

The little yellow dragon looked at the statue's face and saw eyes looking back at her. Sunny shivered and Stonemover yawned.

"You're Stonemover? Why are you... stone?" Sunny asked, watching the stone nightwing. And he sighed.

"I wasn't always like this..." he said, "I was a happy dragon... I found a wonderful, beautiful, proud dragon who was brave... I loved her and she loved me..."

"That's depressing.." Sunny interrupted him, "but I wanna know how you became like this!"

"Hmmm..." Stonemover looked at his talon's, "I am an animus.. but I turned the curse on itself.. so if I use my power I wouldn't lose my soul but it would turn me to stone instead..."

Sunny stepped back.

"You can do that?" Sunny asked, looking at her own talon's.

The stone dragon sighed and seemed to fall asleep, Sunny left the torch in his cave to keep him warm. The small dragon bumped into many walls on the way back to her mother and Starflight. Sunny lay next to her mother. The rain came down with lightning striking the ground, but Sunny didn't mind the loudness of it all and fell asleep.