Part 9

Guard's burst into Sunny's room and took her cage to the caughtyard or a ledge overlooking the arena without a word. Sunny looked to her left and saw a pale tree with a dragon sleeping on it, the dragon was also slowly changing colours. It was Glory!

"Glory?" Sunny whispered to herself, "what did the queen do to her."

Just then the sandwing flock landed in the arena, and the leader then landed on the ledge. The dragon looked at glory and walked to the tree.

"Don't touch her!" Sunny yelled, getting the other sandwing's attention, "I-if you do, I won't hesitate to h-hurt you!"

Sunny knew that she could but couldn't harm a dragon in a physical way. The other sandwing strolled over to the golden cage.

"You're a strange one aren't you?" The other sandwing said, "What's your name?"

"S-Sunny.." Sunny crouched down at the back of the cage, "a-and yourself?"

The other dragon didn't say anything because Sunny understood what her face meant.

"I'm Thorn, leader of the scorpion den.." thorn said, turning away from Sunny after hearing a crash from inside the palace, "want me to let you out?"

"No.." Sunny looked at her talon's, "I can get out anytime I want, but I need to stay to keep the prisoners safe.."

"Hmm.." Thorn flicked her tail, studying Sunny, "how old are you?"

"Six." Sunny answered, and Thorn gasped,"why do you ask?"

"Why would the skywing snake tongued thief leave something like you out here?" Thorn ignored Sunny's return question, "the clouds snorter will pay!"

Sunny didn't understand why Thorn would say such a thing. Then Thorn opened the cage up and pulled Sunny out.

"Hey!" Sunny yelled at Thorn.

"SIX CLAWS!" Thorn yelled and a larger dragon leaped onto the platform, "free the prisoners of each pillar, ok?"

"Of course, Thorn." Six claws said before jumping into the air and to the web of chains connecting the prisoned dragons together.

Sunny wiggled out of Thorns talon's and ran towards the tree with glory on it.