prelims

C O P Y R I G H T

Copyright © 2023 by roastedpiglet (of Wattpad)

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Yanna is struggling to move on from her amnesiac ex

Yanna is struggling to move on from her amnesiac ex. That is, until she (re)meets her high school rival and sworn nemesis, Zeke, who's even more infuriatingly charming than before.

So when he devises a plan for her to forget her ex, she, well—she can't say no.

⚊⚊⚊

Yanna Angeles thought amnesiac exes were a thing of fiction, until it happened to her. Now, she's accepted an intra-company transfer, moved to a different city, and met her new neighbor . . .

Who happens to be Zeke Velasco, her high school rival and public enemy, the first guy she swore she'd never talk to again. But Zeke seems to have other plans, especially when her amnesiac ex arrives in the city, parading a new girl around.

So when Zeke offers her a top-secret, 100%-success-rate method for forgetting an ex, she, well—she can't say no.

T E A S E R

"Such low pain tolerance," I huffed, gently applying ointment on his wound. And then I fought the urge to smirk. "What a baby."

"It's called being delicate, Angeles," he said with a sneering tone, but his lips were pulled down in a pouty frown.

Something about that almost made me smile, the thought that this self-assured, sometimes overbearing, snarky, sly man referred to himself as delicate. It was strangely endearing.

I shook my head.

Don't think about him, I scolded myself, and the word endearing in the same breath!

I schooled my expression into that infuriating look I know he hates.

"Yeah, Velasco," I said, softly rubbing my ointment-ridden forefinger against his shoulder, totally not noticing how, with his tense, ready-for-combat position, his biceps were flexed, bulging right in front of my eyes. "A delicate baby."

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

hi lovely person, welcome to my slow-burn women's fiction with an ex-rivals-to-lovers romance at the center. the focus is on growth and healing, and i aim to inject it with feels, fun, and funnies!

thank you so much for tapping on this little story of mine. hope you enjoy it, and do tap that star button and leave your thoughts if you do! :)

— myka

p.s. this used to be up with a different blurb and 3 chapters, but it went in a direction i wasn't really feeling, and so here it is—same bare bones, different bloodstream.

 this used to be up with a different blurb and 3 chapters, but it went in a direction i wasn't really feeling, and so here it is—same bare bones, different bloodstream