𝘑𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘩 // 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘴

The strong winds of the storm blew menacingly round Riverfield, nearly ripping the signs off of the shops at the square

The strong winds of the storm blew menacingly round Riverfield, nearly ripping the signs off of the shops at the square. Many people would say that by now it could even be a Typhoon, but it simply wasn't. Riverfield wasn't an ordinary place after all so strange weather wasn't uncommon.

A loud tap at your window echoed through the room. You pushed yourself away from your desk, zooming your chair back to look at the window. You shot up in worry once your eyes locked onto Jakah's glossy one's as he was drenched in the rain water, squinting his eyes carefully to even be able to see with all the wind. You immediately rushed over to the window before sliding it open, letting him in before tightly shutting it and pulling the blinds down.

"Stay right there!" You warned to keep him in his place before you rushed to your bathroom to get some towels, earning a confused yell from your mother. You sprinted back to your bedroom only to not find Jakah anymore. "I told you to stay put you bitch!" You groaned in annoyance, slamming the towels down onto the bed. Suddenly, something came launching down from the ceiling, shutting your door.

You jumped in surprise, the sudden sight of Jakah jumping from your ceiling wasn't exactly uncommon, but it still managed to suck the soul out of your body. "You're going to make mold grow on my ceiling, grow up, dude!" You hiss, picking up a towel before throwing it at him. "Your mom wasn't calling me dude last night." He shrugged, taking out the wet hair tie from his hair before tossing it onto your bedroom floor. You sighed as you picked it up to slip it around your wrist. You watched as the slightly older boy dried his hair in such a strange way. "I can't let you shower or else my mom will know.." you hummed "but you know where your spare clothes are, right?" He nodded, throwing the towel at you before opening the drawer under your bed.

He grabbed a dry towel from the stash before walking into the bathroom. You tossed the used towel into your bin before taking out a few extra pillows and blankets because judging by the time Jakah would most likely be planning on staying the night. You turned your room's heater to the highest setting possible , heating the room up further to avoid Jakah getting sick.

With a single click your door opened again and Jakah stepped in. His hair wasn't dripping wet anymore, but rather damp. "Alright, go lay down. I'll join you in a bit I have to put my uniform away first." You grin, picking up your school uniform from your desk "you should transfer to Decelis. I could see you every day and we could make our relationship public." He shrugged, looking at your Sunshine City School uniform you were about to neatly hang away. "You know we still couldn't announce it even if I transferred, right? I can already imagine the gossip! 'Former Sunshine City student dating the star of our Nightball team! She doesn't belong with him, I do!' can you imagine?" you explain as you move the sheets back, crawling into bed before wrapping your arms around Jakah "why do I have to be the little spoon?" He whined "because you're fucking cold, that's why." You groaned, placing your chin above his head.

"I don't care about gossip though! I only want to be able to take you out on dates and do normal things, not sneak around!" he mumbled "well, we don't have to announce it, but we can still do all those things you know? Just act like we announced it if you don't care about rumors so much. I mean my schoolmates couldn't care less who I date." You explained, fiddling with his hair. "I'll do that then, watch out at the next Nightball game!" he declared "um, no I won't. Keep it lowkey, sir." you rolled your eyes.

He let out a single hum in agreement before cuddling closer to you, allowing you to inhale the sweet raspberry scent radiating off of him despite mainly smelling like rain. Comfortable silence fell upon the two of you as you felt like you were at the brink of sleep.

Multiple scenarios coursed through you, what life would be like if you attended Decelis instead? Or maybe if you had never met Jakah, what if Jakah would have been only a minute late to saving you the day he met you? All these thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Jakah pressing a kiss to your neck. ".. what are you doing?" You grumbled, forcefully tugging at his tangled hair between your fingers.

"Ow! That was my way of saying good night! Don't be so mean!" He whined, scooting away from you. "Ay, I'm sorry come back, you'll catch a cold and be clingy again." You groan, reaching out your arms for him "do you really hate it that much when I'm clingy?" You could practically hear the frown in his voice "I could never hate any aspect of you, now come here." You grinned, however he didn't give in just yet. You sighed before scooting over to where he was laying before placing your arms around him to pull him back to the middle of the bed.

"Now go get your sleep, we have school tomorrow." You huffed before pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. "Good night Y/n. I love you." And with that he dozed off "I love you too." You smiled softly, the smile remaining plastered over your features even when you drifted off to sleep, already knowing how chaotic and stressful the upcoming morning was going to be for the two of you to rush Jakah back out of your window on time.

But for now, the one thing that really mattered was that he was here with you now and nowhere else, and that's how the both of you liked things best.

.