𝘑𝘪𝘯𝘰 // 𝘴𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬

THERE you sat on one of the chairs at the side of the ballroom, it was that time again

THERE you sat on one of the chairs at the side of the ballroom, it was that time again. Every two years Decelis Academy held a huge ball in it's ballroom, centuries ago the Academy used to be a place for royals only, that's why they held the ball every two years, it was to keep traditions up. But to add spice to the story, the new vice headmistress suggested it should be a masquerade ball this year.

Your mask was itchy, yet you had to keep it on, you knew you looked good in it. You watched as students danced, chatted, ate small appetizers, they almost looked like real royalty in their outfits.

Sooha slumped down on the seat next to you, you knew it was her thanks to the fact that the two of you were roommates and knew what each other were wearing. "Dancing is so exhausting!" She groaned. You handed her your drink, it was normal for the two of you to share drinks and food anyways. "Thank you!" She smiled before drinking it.

"I haven't seen you move from this place all evening? Has no one caught your eye so far?" She grinned "come on Soo, you know I would only dance with one person but I don't know who anyone here is." You sighed. "What if he asked you to dance?" Sooha wiggled her eyebrows "well, I'd say yes of course, but I wouldn't be able recognize him anyways." You said "What if another guy asks you and he's a better match for you?" Sooha asked "then, I don't know.." you admitted "I've liked him since 4th grade, y'know?" You scratched your head.

The two of you sat in comfortable silence before you were approached by a boy, you didn't know who he was though, due to the mask of course. "May I have this dance?" He kindly asked, bowing down to kiss your hand "my apologies, kind sir. I have to decline." You softly spoke. He nodded an apology and left.

"Damn, Y/n! Poor guy!" Sooha gasped "I declined nicely though!" You defended yourself "you know what I mean, anyways, I'll go get us another drink." She pushed herself off of the chair and left to get some fruit punch.

And so, another one approached, a girl this time. "Good evening, would you maybe care for a dance with me?" She was nervous, you could easily tell, she was quite adorable aswell. You knew she tried her best to talk formally. Even though you wanted to just sit there all night you knew it took a lot of courage for this girl to ask you, so "I do." You simply replied before stepping onto the dance floor with her.

The two of you danced for a while until the song ended, that was when you parted ways, she thanked you for the dance before dashing off to her friend group and you went back to join Sooha.

"Ooh, so you finally danced with someone!" She smiled "yeah, but I wish he would've been my first dance for the night.." you frowned "maybe he might be your last dance, you never know!" She smiled before getting up again "I'm gonna go talk to the girls back there, okay? I'll be back soon!" She said before walking over to the trio.

You got up aswell, but you walked out to the balcony. The faint sound of the music in the back didn't bother you a bit, it was quite nice. The night wasn't cold either, it was more warm than cold to say. You leaned onto the railing, looking over the beauty of the campus that belonged to the Academy.

You heard the door shut behind you, someone else had stepped onto the balcony. You turned around to look at a boy with bright red hair, two glasses in his hand and a bright smile "hey, your friend wanted me to give this to you. She said she forgot to hand it to you earlier." He said as he approached you, handing you the glass before leaning over the railing aswell, holding his glass in his hands.

"Thank you." You said before drinking a bit of your drink. That's when it hit you. 'You idiot! He could've put something in there!' You yelled at yourself. He seemed to notice your shocked expression "oh god, don't look at your drink like that, look, the ice is still floating." He pointed at it "oh.." you felt kinda dumb, but there's nothing dumb about being careful, right?

The two of you stood in comfortable silence, until he broke it. "So, we can still hear the music. Do you by any chance want to dance with me?" He asked, you couldn't exactly pinpoint it, he looked and sounded familiar, you didn't know who though. "Sure." You said, placing your glass on the railing, so did he before gently taking your hand.

He was extremely talented, he spun you a few times, never loosing his smile as the two of you danced together, it made you feel happy aswell, something about him was so comforting and attractive it made you forget all about Jino.

It wasn't long before the dance ended, those minutes felt like seconds to you. Even after the dance ended, he didn't let go of you, instead he took off his mask, Jino. "You're a pretty good dancer, Y/n." He smirked. That was it for you, you almost died on spot, you had been dancing with Jino this entire time?! "How did you know it was me?" You asked "I know because I know that smile, I know those eyes, I know because I've liked you since 4th grade." He confessed "I've liked you since 4th grade too." Now you confessed.

He smiled before taking off your mask, his lips inching closer to yours "can I kiss you?" He asked, your simple nod was enough for him to finally connect your lips. The two of you were happy.

-
Wordcount: 1014