Calm before the Storm..

Chapter: 1 Arc: 3 
Groaning of floorboards as the boat rocked back and forth with the waves, the steady engines gently rumbling in the back with the thrusters keeping us from drifting away with the tides..you're all on your own.
Why did she tell us to not go any further this is so weird we should just be able to move on ahead without any issue right? She told me to stop it in a few minutes of slow travel but the dock is like a good few clicks away
These waters weren't meant to be traversed..I feel it in my very bones..we should've just stayed on that beach..

  Soft footsteps approaching the main deck into the control room made Kÿr look out from his seat in the chamber to the doorway, he passed his hand down slowly along the wooden steering wheel as the gauges on the dashboard flickered left and right rapidly. "What's up..everything is fine here- I'll be stopping in a few seconds like you asked, but why can't we just plow our way to safety now instead of waiting a day here?", Kyr questioned sitting back on the tall chair facing out to no one but Vìrkä. Vìrkä brushing her silky gray hair back behind her ears would watch all the gauges flicker rapidly zoning out in the sight of them before blinking rapidly a few times, pausing for a moment she would turn around to face the Sìrlan and respond with, "It's just that..", she stepped into the small chambers and leaned back against the doorframe looking out the front windows to the bow of the ship, "I made sure to check our futures..just before we were to set off and..", "and?", Kÿr questioned with an eyebrow raised, "If we instantly blasted our way forward we'd be dead..", she said having a slightly discomforted look on her face as she watched the waves. "There is a presence investigating this craft just beneath us..these waters are only around 12ft deep and yet something so imposing is watching us..it isn't alive or I think it isn't I can't sense it's heartbeat or soul presence..but you just Feel It..can you?", Vìrkä asked glancing over to Kÿr, Kÿr sitting up put his hands on the ignition and pulled back making the boat finally stop on the marked distance she ordered before, his eyes burrowed he stared ahead focused as the slow groan from the wood below just made his skin crawl. "T-there..we should be fine..right? That thing won't get us Ehehhh..right?", he asked a bit shaken up quickly moving his hands away from the dashboard letting the ship turn off on its own, Vìrkä glancing all around slowly would hesitate to nod for a second saying, "Ye-yeah.. we'll be fine just don't poke your head out the barrier..we stay inside here and don't make too much noise we'll be able to travel tomorrow morning at dawn..". Kÿr sighed out in relief slumping back in the comfy chair looking out the front window to the blue horizon ahead letting his mind relax for the time being enjoying the somber sight to his fullest, Vìrkä leaned against the doorframe watched this and gracefully walked out leaving the small Sìrlan to his own quarters to rest..as she walked she pulled a small charm from under her tank top and gripped it tightly looking down upon it..We're coming little Hèr'La..I'll make sure they all pay for what they've done against us..on my very soul I declare this..

  The Ship they were traveling upon was around 30-45ft in length, metal supported hull with a sharp bladed edge at the bow, sleeping quarters tucked underneath the main control room, and thrusters powered by no one else but Kÿr's blessing making it more powerful than any other conventional sea fairing craft. The Deep brown hardwood floors creaked and groaned when you walked upon them, such little weight can make such a large impact in a craft like this, but for what it's worth it will keep us safe on our journey..or at least I hope so. Hiding the charm once again you make it down some steps into the sleeping quarters..to check on his status. Cool breeze gently passing into the room makes you quiver..your bodies still freezing..yet they're still so warm- beds matted together tightly seem so inviting as your hands delicately pass over them as you enter. Hair slowly rocking back and forth with the movements of the ship you stare onto the other one, his bed being the biggest it was shoved further behind in the sleeping quarters almost like a little cave, crouching down you watch his resting face huddled up in the sheets of the bed and exhale into a little smile. "He's been fighting ever since he's got here, against Xèhtrï, against himself, against his own blood, and against me..feels so disingenuous that our two vastly different species could even cohabitate yet here we are..", Vìrkä quietly spoke to herself as she watched Hijìn sleep, his worn down body had been fed before he had fallen asleep and so everyone else took up the remaining work to make this ship functional, but to no surprise she witnessed the man's eyes slightly flicker open in exhaustion. Properly sitting down on her knees Vìrkä met eyes with him maintaining the quiet calm demeanor with a genuine soft smile as her bioluminescent markings slightly glowed a faint white through her clothing, "Get some rest Hijìn..tomorrow we're gonna set off on your journey okay? We'll make sure everything goes smoothly..", speaking in a calm quiet tone of voice she passed her hand over the top of his head before getting up and walking out of the room leaving him to sleep once again. I feel the regret in her touch, she doesn't pass it on to me she simply needs someone to cope with it..I've lived so little yet done so much..and she, in her broken state, could in a way sympathize with my problems..I still need time to consider her even an acquaintance yet she calls us..friend...maybe in this time we have before we can go across the seas..we can talk one on one like we did briefly before...that could help. Hijìn thought to himself as his eyes fluttered in the sight of Vìrkä slowly walking away from the sleeping quarters until he ultimately fell back unconscious buried under warm bed sheets in a cold room..