Chapter 75

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

They left their house half an hour before the game so they would make it there just before it started. There house was on the edge of Hawkins so it took a little longer than it used to to get to the High School.

When they got there they saw a mass of people heading into the school gym. There were people from their town and the competing team's town. The games were a big thing for the town so there was even people there that didn't have kids at the school or have recently graduated from there. They just go because they love the game and want to support their town.

Steve took Ivy's hand, comforting her because he knows that large crowds still make her a little nervous.

When they got in the gym it was pulsating with excitement and noise. The band was playing a tune and the entire gym was cheering as the basketball team came out and the cheerleaders were cheering for them.

Steve always gets a little sad when he comes in the hall and he sees everyone in the pep rally. It used to be like this when he played a game but they never won a championship like Lucas is going to with his team. It made Steve sad because he always wanted to, maybe that would have made his dad proud of him, but they never won and now they are so close to winning just after he graduated.

Ivy squeezes the joined hands, letting him know that she is here for him. She knows that as soon as Lucas starts to play that any bad thoughts will fly from his mind and he will just be thinking about the game.

They walk into the hall and head up the bleachers to the top row. They both smile in greeting to Robin as they go past, knowing she can't say anything because she is playing the trumpet with the band.

Just as they get to their seats the band stops playing and the headteacher goes to the front of the hall and speaks into a microphone.

"Everyone now please rise for our national anthem." He tells them and everyone stands up. "Singing for us tonight, we have a very special guest. All the way from Nashville, our very own Tammy Thompson!" He says into the mic.

Everyone starts to clap but Ivy, Steve and Robin all look at one another in shock.

Ivy knows about the conversation in the bathroom because Steve told her about it. He checked with Robin first to make sure it was okay and she said it was fine. Ivy had passed out in the bathroom while they were having their chat so she never knew what was said but Steve told her all about it and she was one of Robin's biggest supporters. Steve and her try to help Robin find dates but that is a lot harder than it sounds in this town.

Tammy walks out waving her hands to everyone as they all cheer for her.

They all watch as she sings the national anthem off key and the three of them shake their heads or wince when the mic goes too high pitch.

The three of them look at each other with different looks. Steve looks like he is in pain from the experience but Ivy and Robin are both holding in their laughter.