Chapter 65

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

They were all sat around the centre of the mall and had just started to talk about the Mind Flayer. About why it is after El and not Ivy and why Ivy and Steve look like they have been beaten to death.

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world. I just don't get why it isn't trying to kill Ivy as well?" Mike says, getting curious towards the end of his sentence.

"Why would it be after me?" Ivy asks.

"El hasn't been the only one to stop it with her powers or fight the monsters that come out of it. I just don't understand." He says, thinking about the Mind Flayer and trying to find reasons that it wouldn't be after Ivy but he kept coming up short.

They all kind of ignore what Mike says. They are all wondering why she isn't being targeted as well but not for the same reasons Mike is wondering.

"It almost did kill El. That was just one tiny piece of it." Max says.

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asks.

"It's big. Thirty feet, at least." Jonathan says.

"Yeah. It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry." Lucas says.

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this...this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's like some kind of gigantic...weapon?" Steve asks, just wanting to clarify everything.

"Yes." Nancy says.

"But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon...with melted people." Steve continues.

"Yes, exactly." Nancy says.

"Yeah, okay. I--Yeah, I'm just making sure." He says.

"We're a little out of it

"We're a little out of it. We were just tortured." Ivy says, defending Steve from the looks he was getting off the others.

"Wait. What?" Hopper says.

"Nothing." Ivy says, realising Hopper was about to go into protective father mode.

"She's talking about the Russians that captured us, tortured us and tried to experiment on her." Steve says, it just spilled out because the drug was still in his system a little and he was still scared of Hopper. Unlike the drug, his slight fear of his girlfriends father would never go away.